Depp v. Heard

neil

44 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I fully agree he seems awful. But so does she. There’s no heroes here.

She does, the thing that irks me the most is how she speaks out about domestic violence and assault, and the enabling culture yet is very close with James Franco. Having her retinue staying at Depps dime was shitty. But he was the one with the power in that relationship. 

• Paid Members

@Keith Houchen you’re doing your man yells at cloud again moment. I’ve been on a jury for a SA case. The woman was violated in an extremely similar way to what Amber Heard said. She went to the Police, but Amber Heard didn’t tell the police or seek medical attention which you would need to if that had happened. She said her noise was broken, then changed that to may have later in the trial. Again, no reports, medical or police.

If her stories were consistent, and yeah if she had reported it she didn’t. Most woman report it and as we know, it can be ignored initially. We say that first hand with our own celebrities. 

I also thought one of the reasons the court case was in Virginia was because that’s where the Washington Post online is based, or has servers there? And also, I thought California allowed cameras in court, wasn’t that where OJ was tried?

For anyone interested in why he won the case, there’s a long, detailed but thorough thread 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

11 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

you’re doing your man yells at cloud again moment

What do you mean?

12 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

but Amber Heard didn’t tell the police or seek medical attention which you would need to if that had happened. She said her noise was broken, then changed that to may have later in the trial. Again, no reports, medical or police.

There you go again, telling someone who was abused how they should’ve acted. 

13 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Most woman report it

They don’t though, most women feel they won’t be believed initially and will have to relive the whole thing and not be believed. Most woman who get assaulted or abused absolutely do not report it because of attitudes like yours. 

16 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I also thought one of the reasons the court case was in Virginia was because that’s where the Washington Post online is based,

Yeah it’s because their servers are there. Not the actual Washington Post, but the place where their servers are. It’s to do with anti SLAPP laws being in place everywhere else he could’ve filed but they aren’t there for Virginia. Now, it’s reasonable to think that you’ll file a case where you will have the best chance of winning. Had he filed anywhere else, it would have likely been dismissed before court due to the SLAPP laws. I can’t give Depp that benefit of the doubt because of his documented history of controlling and violence. Plus the fact that he had already been judged to have abused her on 12 different occasions. That’s why he didn’t sue the Washington Post, so he wanted to humiliate her. All my opinion of course. 

Maybe she just have acted like Johnny did because he is clearly the vanguard for how people who have been abused should act. 

On 6/2/2022 at 4:25 PM, Keith Houchen said:

That’s why he didn’t sue the Washington Post, so he wanted to humiliate her. All my opinion of course. 

I think, having read a very basic level of this, that if you sue the person then you can bring in far more 'evidence' then if you sue a newspaper etc. Is why THE SUN lawsuit  only had parts of what we've heard now as it was ruled the sun were correct in the evidence they had to print what they did.

Fuck knows anyway. The biggest takeaway was i didn't know so many people were into AQUAMAN 2

1 hour ago, Factotum said:

I think, having read a very basic level of this, that if you sue the person then you can bring in far more 'evidence' then if you sue a newspaper etc. Is why THE SUN lawsuit  only had parts of what we've heard now as it was ruled the sun were correct in the evidence they had to print what they did.

Fuck knows anyway. The biggest takeaway was i didn't know so many people were into AQUAMAN 2

Yeah, from what I gather he’d have got nowhere suing them as he’d already lost a libel case and they could point to a court saying he abused her, but it leads to the tenuous reasons for suing in Virginia. A lawsuit held because that’s where the servers for the online element of the publication that printed it without suing the publication itself is dodgy as fuck. 

Heard is going to appeal and it will be heard by a panel of judges and not a jury, which is good news for her. Apparently someone in the jury pool got a text from their spouse during the trial saying “Amber is psychotic” and they weren’t dismissed!

But yeah, fuck Depp, wife beating cunt. 

42 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Heard is going to appeal and it will be heard by a panel of judges and not a jury, which is good news for her.

Can't see her doing that or winning it. I think its pretty much done for her. Its a massive win for him in the context of how hard it is to win those trials in the US

3 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Can't see her doing that or winning it. I think its pretty much done for her. Its a massive win for him in the context of how hard it is to win those trials in the US

She is planning an appeal. She has a much better chance without a jury because, as @neilsaid ages ago, they wouldn’t be swayed by funny pirate man and will be unemotionally centred solely on facts and jurisprudence. 

Maybe Elon Musk can fund it for her. 

Heard winning an appeal would alleviate the financial burden (so completely get why it's worth the effort) but would do absolutely nothing for her in terms of public perception or career.  As far as the general public is concerned she's a liar and a complete pariah at this stage and any overturning of the ruling (especially one achieved behind closed doors after the public monstrosity of a trial) will be met with even stronger resentment.  You have to imagine any movie she does get cast in going forward is going to get a ton of backlash from the Depp mob.  I don't know if she'd be seen as worth the stress to those making the decisions in Hollywood. 

Edited by CTXRussomark

• Paid Members

Wasn't sure where to put this so this thread feels like the right place. I have just been browsing twitter and noticed Mason Greenwood was trending so had a look at why there were 10k+ tweets about him all of a sudden. From what I can read, people are using the Johnny Depp 'win' as a get out for Greenwood. Tweets saying that it just shows how wrong you can be about someone after the Depp case and the like. Which leads me to think that this case could have caused irreparable damage to women's claims against men, which was already so very difficult for women to A) prove and B) find courage to speak out. The balance was already weighed heavily in the favour of men, that now it seems people have taken a libel case in the incorrect context. It definitely sparks a much wider debate than a case of 'he said / she said'. The way the case has been portrayed throughout all of social media has been abhorrent to be fair. 

image.png.bdd2238ad45b0f2021facdebf8642e1a.png

image.png.fd4203057a5f7a62100d0a4ff5b5b1b0.png

image.png.984a0bbf65f54678caa9ac008e8b1ecb.png

image.png.37bddf77fc3166d022177ea7a73b84d3.png

image.png.a0c1450e7e69a90e1213e39326fe39a7.png