Depp v. Heard

neil

3 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Not sure why you're talking about various instances

Because there are various instances, that in itself is telling. It’s kind of what the trial is about.  You haven’t specified which instance you’re talking about where she didn’t follow correct protocol for so called victims. 

7 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Because they are analyzing an ongoing case

What did they say about Depp? Did he meet the standards?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Because they are analyzing an ongoing case... That is not how witnesses are called up are they?  

My point is more that it isn't ever used, because it isn't a science or in any way reliable or measurable. You might as well bring in phrenology experts. It's entertainment masquerading as expertise.

I remember a piece on Sky News where they analysed body language of various political leaders, and spent half an hour coming out with 'Trump is a powerful alpha male, Theresa May projects confidence, Hillary Clinton is dislikeable and too challenging, and Jeremy Corbyn is shifty and untrustworthy'.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

And then throw in the fact that people with expensive lawyers get coached specifically on these things prior to taking the stand...

Then they both should have paid for better lawyers then in that case

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Loki said:

This idea that victims of trauma act in a certain way is so toxic.  It reminds me of the McCanns - because they didn't act weepy enough over the abduction of their daughter, people assumed (and still maintain) that they must have killed her.  You still see comments on social media saying "oh she washed a toy bunny, therefore she's guilty" and nonsense like that.

This is why nothing is more scary to me than "judged by a jury of peers". So much idiocy from juries with things like "I found him guilty coz he yawned in court" and things like that.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Factotum said:

I think a lot of people see her as someone who has used that movement for her own gain. There's a few stories of her taking someones own experience with abuse and using it as her own story (someone might need to correct me on that)

Yes there was https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8526299/amp/Amber-Heard-stole-rape-survival-story-says-fired-assistant.html

1 minute ago, Nick James said:

www.dailyma......nope, not clicking that. 

They don’t mention the former PAs body language so obviously we don’t know if she acts accordingly for an abuse victim. But she was testifying FOR Depp so it doesn’t matter. 

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

They don’t mention the former PAs body language so obviously we don’t know if she acts accordingly for an abuse victim. But she was testifying FOR Depp so it doesn’t matter. 

Ok so just to be clear anyone testifying for Depp is lying but anyone testifying for Heard isn’t? Is that how court cases work. 

What is it, in particular, about *these two* celebrities that have people picking sides in the way we've seen? It's parasocial insanity. Oh, I liked him in that pirate movie, so GO JOHNNY or man, I loved her in the fish-man movie, AMBER FOREVER. This is all so bizarre to me.

From what I've seen of this trial, which is admittedly limited to short clips on Twitter (despite a friend of mine saying I should come round to his and we should drink wine and watch it for entertainment - which...yeah, like I said, bizarre), it seems they were in a co-dependent, mutually abusive relationship. Who was worse? I have no idea. But, in my opinion, given what I've heard, is Johnny Depp a "wife beater", which seems to be the term he's suing about? Yes. Yes, he is.

The only thing I will say is I saw Heard say Depp kicked her so hard midflight on a commercial airline that she fell to the ground (presumably in the aisle?) and nobody noticed or did anything, not even the cabin crew. That particular claim is weird to me because, although I've never flown first class, I've had cabin crew come at me like they were going to slit my throat if I so much as even began to unbuckle my seat belt before the plane had finished taxiing, so I feel like violently assaulting someone in such an obvious way would have been noticed? Fuck it. Who knows?

Edited by 69MeDon

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, 69MeDon said:

What is it, in particular, about *these two* celebrities that have people picking sides in the way we've seen? It's parasocial insanity. Oh, I liked him in that pirate movie, so GO JOHNNY or man, I loved her in the fish-man movie, AMBER FOREVER. This is all so bizarre to me.

From what I've seen of this trial, which is admittedly limited to short clips on Twitter (despite a friend of mine saying I should come round to his and we should drink wine and watch it for entertainment - which...yeah, like I said, bizarre), it seems they were in a co-dependent, mutually abusive relationship. Who was worse? I have no idea. But, in my opinion, given what I've heard, is Johnny Depp a "wife beater", which seems to be the term he's suing about? Yes. Yes, he is.

The only thing I will say is I saw Heard say Depp kicked her so hard midflight on a commercial airline that she fell to the ground (presumably in the aisle?) and nobody noticed or did anything, not even the cabin crew. That particular claim is weird to me because, although I've never flown first class, I've had cabin crew come at me like they were going to slit my throat if I so much as even began to unbuckle my seat belt before the plane had finished taxiing, so I feel like violently assaulting someone in such an obvious way would have been noticed? Fuck it. Who knows?

Both are emotional and physical abusers and both should lose their Hollywood careers until the usual happens, the dust settles and they start getting work again A La Mel Gibson.

4 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Ok so just to be clear anyone testifying for Depp is lying but anyone testifying for Heard isn’t? Is that how court cases work. 

The Deppford Wives have it the other way around. I was taking the piss out of them and also the idea that body language is a factor. 

Im struggling to find out how Heard “Stole” the horrific incident. Did she say that she was raped at knifepoint in Brazil or did she take aspects of the story and made it her own? All I can see is the PA saying she stole it but not saying how or what parts. The PA also testified that she had not seen any of the confidential documents regarding the specifics of Heards assaults so I don’t know exactly what she means by stealing her story if she didn’t know her story. 

7 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

I saw Heard say Depp kicked her so hard midflight on a commercial airline that she fell to the ground (presumably in the aisle?) and nobody noticed or did anything, not even the cabin crew

I thought it was his private jet?