Depp v. Heard

neil

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Loki said:

Let's not forget that a court in London already found that Depp was a wifebeater - and the standard required in a UK civil case is higher than the US, where Depp will have to prove that it isn't true (as opposed to The Sun proving it was).

I suspect the violence went both ways, and they both seem to be really unhinged, but of course online the vast, vast bulk of the abuse is heaped on the woman.

Personally, with no particular evidence I've always thought Depp looked like a wrong'un.  I suspect he'll fail in this case as he did in the UK one.

He wasn’t found to be a wife beater in a UK court. The Sun were found to have not been libellous calling him a wifebeater because the statement was based on the article she wrote which this court case is about. Basically they wrote he was one, he couldn’t prove he wasn’t one, therefore The Sun had been found not to have broken the law. Regardless of your views on Depp, no-one should want The Sun winning a court case.

• Paid Members

It's going to be a court case of soundbites that will probably ruin them both for a few years, because nothing positive is going to come from either of them trying to make the other look like a wrong 'un. Although saying that Warner Brothers have bizarrely stuck with Amber Heard, no matter what shit has come out. They also seem to see nothing wrong with human bin fire Ezra Miller and their antics.

Depp will get his little redemption in a low budget film in a few years and everyone will forget about it.

From whats been admitted by them both so far, He's hanging a lantern on the fact that he's never physically abusive, like it's an instant win, despite it being mentioned many times that he's an unpleasant person under the influence and other types of abuse don't exist. 

Both nasty pieces of work who came together like a toxic Voltron to make a terrible marriage.

The only positive so far is that they described shitting on the bed as 'dropping a grumpy'

43 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

He wasn’t found to be a wife beater in a UK court. The Sun were found to have not been libellous calling him a wifebeater because the statement was based on the article she wrote which this court case is about. Basically they wrote he was one, he couldn’t prove he wasn’t one, therefore The Sun had been found not to have broken the law. Regardless of your views on Depp, no-one should want The Sun winning a court case.

The judge found that 12 of the 14 offences met the civil standard, so the court ruled he assaulted her in those twelve instances. It wasn’t a matter of him not proving he wasn’t a wifebeater, the court ruled that he is, so the court did say he’s a wifebeater. 

Edited by Keith Houchen

14 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Amber Heard was arrested for domestic assault against one of her girlfriends a year or so before she met Johnny Depp which again doesn’t mean she abused him, but she has history.

If we're chatting about convictions and whatnot it's probably worth pointing out that this arrest was pretty much immediately dropped and it seems possible the whole thing was due to homophobia (based on what her girlfriend said about the situation)

I think it seems like a nightmare relationship where both of them were awful to each other. Neither are innocent parties in this at all and there's enough out there to see that she was also violent in that relationship.

I don't really get why he's gone down the route of the court cases really. Had he just ignored the articles and maybe wrote a statement, most people would have just moved on or not even known about it. Instead his whole life is being laid bare and its not kind reading.

One thing this court case has made me think about is how I hope to fuck my WhatsApp messages never get leaked!

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Factotum said:

I don't really get why he's gone down the route of the court cases really. Had he just ignored the articles and maybe wrote a statement, most people would have just moved on or not even known about it. Instead his whole life is being laid bare and its not kind reading.

FIGHTING AGAINST CANCEL CULTURE!!!!

• Moderators

I definitely think there is something odd going on with the various meme companies - they are posting tons of stuff from this case, and not memes either. I could absolutely believe there is a PR campaign going on there.

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, neil said:

I definitely think there is something odd going on with the various meme companies - they are posting tons of stuff from this case, and not memes either. I could absolutely believe there is a PR campaign going on there.

Oh definitely. The same footage of Depp being questioned by the lawyer popped up on a dozen different subreddits in the space of a day. Then when a new clip would go up the same thing would happen.

1 hour ago, FelatioLips said:

Oh definitely. The same footage of Depp being questioned by the lawyer popped up on a dozen different subreddits in the space of a day. Then when a new clip would go up the same thing would happen.

My favourite one of those was a clip of the lawyer repeatedly asking Depp if that was his signature and if he read it right, backed with comedy music and ‘funny’ captions. The replies were all “Hahaha Jonny owned him, how brilliantly witty” and shit like that. They cut it before the lawyer then highlighted how Depp had lied 5 or 6 times and had just confirmed on the stand and under oath he signed each lie. 

It’s not as good as John Terry saying please but it’s still good.