Happy to be wrong about Henderson starting. Great performance from him last night and Southgate deserves credit for finding this midfield balance. 

On to France it is! I believe we can get at them down the wings and as Punk said I would fancy our central players too. 

Walker and Stones are going to have a job keeping Mbappe quiet. I remember Walker had him on toast in the champions league last season so hopefully he is fit enough to do a job there.  France no doubt favourites but we have a shot don't we? 

Do you think we are going to stick or will Southgate twist with a 5?

11 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Then there's the very real prospect of Brazil after that. Whoever wins is likely coming from this side of the draw, although that Argentina-Netherlands game could be a cracker. 

Brazil are in the other half of the draw away from the England and France section

The final is going to be Argentia/Holland/Brazil/Korea/Japan/Croatia vs England/France/Spain/Morocco/Portugal/Switzerland 

Brazil vs Argentina in the Semi should they meet will be a tasty game though

5 hours ago, thevestofdeanambrose said:

Do you think we are going to stick or will Southgate twist with a 5?

I think he'll definitely go to the 5-2-3 thing we played against Germany and Italy in the Euros. I think Southgate might do something characteristically wacky with Bellingham too. Either dropping him or pushing him into the front 3 to accommodate Rice/Hendo in the centre.

• Paid Members

At least they scored one. 

That's my World Cup over. 

I wonder whether things would have gone differently if they'd stuck to using Doan as a substitute instead of starting, as he seems to have influenced the game better as an impact substitute than a starting midfielder. 

• Paid Members

Felt bad for Japan. They were the better team for the entire game but had no confidence striking and I reckon I could have took as good a penalty as some of them and I’ve had four mince pies today.

16 hours ago, PunkStep said:

If he goes with a back 5, it'll be Rice and Bellingham in the middle, as he did in the matches leading up to the World Cup.

I reckon it was the plan before the World Cup to switch to a back 5 at this stage, but the performance of Henderson against Senegal means there's a good chance Southgate names an unchanged team/formation - hoping his experience of covering the right back area like he does for Liverpool helps Walker with Mbappe.

• Paid Members

I'm conflicted currently, because if England with Kane win, then Spurs retain the World Cup, but if Brazil with Richarlison up front win, then Spurs retain the World Cup AND I get to be right against any of my friends who backed France, INGERLUND (lol) or anyone else. Hmm...

..... nah, can't be having the flags stay out another six months. Vamos lá, Brasil!!!

22 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I'm conflicted currently, because if England with Kane win, then Spurs retain the World Cup, but if Brazil with Richarlison up front win, then Spurs retain the World Cup AND I get to be right against any of my friends who backed France, INGERLUND (lol) or anyone else. Hmm...

..... nah, can't be having the flags stay out another six months. Vamos lá, Brasil!!!

You do realise that if England don't win the World Cup, then the chances of him leaving Spurs increase massively. 

I reckon he's gone if they don't so I'm in full INGERLUND mode.

Hope they savage those cheese eating cunts.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

You do realise that if England don't win the World Cup, then the chances of him leaving Spurs increase massively. 

We think that if he wins a medal he's more likely to stay at Spurs even if that medal isn't with Spurs? I never thought of it like that.

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Hope they savage those cheese eating surrender monkeys.

Fixed.