5 minutes ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

Delicious. They're not dancing now, are they? Juranovic was absolutely immense there. There have been rumours the last few weeks that he's going to be leaving us (Celtic) in January. Sucks of course but after that performance, his fee must have just skyrocketed. 

He was great. Had never heard of him before, but he had that left hand Brazilian side on strings first half.

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I genuinely don't think people comprehend what we've seen over the last 15 years from Modric. Genuinely a top 5 player of all time candidate.

Been thinking about this since your post. Top five player of all time? No. Absolutely not. Not even close.

And that’s not to detract from his ability as a player. He’s incredible. A joy to watch. His longevity adds to his talent. He’s unbelievable. But he doesn’t come close to the names that are in the top players of all time list.

Top 5 midfielders of all time? Yeah, he’s in that talk… just. 

Edited by Frankie Crisp

20 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Been thinking about this since your post. Top five player of all time? No. Absolutely not. Not even close.

And that’s not to detract from his ability as a player. He’s incredible. A joy to watch. His longevity adds to his talent. He’s unbelievable. But he doesn’t come close to the names that are in the top players of all time list.

Top 5 midfielders of all time? Yeah, he’s in that talk… just. 

Completely and utterly disagree to be honest, but I respect your subjective opinion.

If someone like Platini is in top 5 of all time conversations, then I think Modric should be as well. For me anyway.

And before people go "You think he's as good as Platini!!!????" Well yes, otherwise I wouldn't have said it. 

Modric has consistently been one of the best players in the world for at least the last 10 years. That's utterly ridiculous and there are only really two other players you could say that about aren't there? 

Only when he retires will people realise just how special he is.

1 minute ago, SuperBacon said:

If someone like Platini is in top 5 of all time conversations

Then you’re having wrong conversations. I’ve never heard him mentioned in a top five conversation. Who out of Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi, Rapenaldo, Ogrizovic, Best, Zidane makes room for Platini, let alone Modtic?

3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Then you’re having wrong conversations. I’ve never heard him mentioned in a top five conversation. Who out of Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi, Rapenaldo, Ogrizovic, Best, Zidane makes room for Platini, let alone Modtic?

Ogrizovic? Did he play with Modric today?

Just now, Frankie Crisp said:

Yeah, I’m struggling with Platini insertion. Regardless, you can’t possibly think that Modric is in the top five of all time, @SuperBacon? Top twenty would be a push.

I genuinely do. I'm not saying he would get straight in, but hes definitely up there to discuss for me.

Football, especially watching football, is very subjective, and for me he is up there. I have got more joy watching him than anyone I can remember. I love watching him.

Maradona, Hoddle, Gazza, Lamela, Modric.