12 minutes ago, air_raid said:

We think that if he wins a medal he's more likely to stay at Spurs even if that medal isn't with Spurs? I never thought of it like that.

Personally I do.

Everyone always bangs on about how he needs to win a trophy to be considered great (I mean, that is funny) and so there's your trophy. 

The comments aimed at Kane and Spurs about trophies are two separate things. Surely the World Cup would suffice? Although I'm sure people would still find something to moan about. Last time he scored too many goals, this time he hasn't. 

He's made enough comments over the last couple of years to show that's what he wants and who are we to judge?

I get it, a players career is short and the majority of them want to win something to look back on. It's different for fans. We'll still be cheering on these pricks in 50 odd years*

*Obviously will be dead by then. Spurs still won't have won anything.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Last time he scored too many goals, this time he hasn't. 

Ah yes. "Stat padding." Completely disregarding that as a striker, goals are literally what matters most to his game. Not a "stat." Pricks.

• Moderators

Everytime England progress I start to think "Well maybe it'll be nice" and then they cut to reaction shots from various pubs and I see cunts throwing their beers around and I start to pine for the knockout photos where these pricks have tears running down their St George's Cross facepaint

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Well that was fantastic drama. Fair play to Morocco. 

First real atmosphere of the tournament as well.

Good atmosphere in my office explaining a penalty shootout to the Spanish lad who "doesnt care about football" and watching his increasing dejection throughout.

He was especially happy when we pointed out Hakimi was born in Madrid.

• Paid Members

Born and raised in Spain, scoring the winning penalty to send Spain out...with a Panenka! Massive bollocks to do that. Spain looked so good against Costa Rica, but got progressively worse and more boring with each game. Well done Maroc.

As for the later game, who could've possibly known taking today's Ronaldo out of a team would instantly make them much, much better? 🤔

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Best Moroccan team since the halcyon days of Mustapha Hadji and Youssef Chippo, before they vanished in to obscurity.

Or as it’s otherwise known, Coventry.

• Paid Members

Eden Hazard has retired from international duty with Belgium...

...Is this one of those 'fake' retirements though, where he skips the majority of friendlies and qualifiers and magically becomes available for selection again for the next Euros and World Cups, depending on if he gets on with the new coach or not? 

15 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Best Moroccan team since the halcyon days of Mustapha Hadji and Youssef Chippo, before they vanished in to obscurity.

15 hours ago, air_raid said:

Or as it’s otherwise known, Coventry.

I will not tolerate this erasure of Youssef Safri. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Eden Hazard has retired from international duty with Belgium...

...Is this one of those 'fake' retirements though, where he skips the majority of friendlies and qualifiers and magically becomes available for selection again for the next Euros and World Cups, depending on if he gets on with the new coach or not? 

I doubt it. He's pretty much done for nowadays isn't he? He really shouldn't have been starting for Belgium this World Cup and someone like De Keteleare or Doku should have been given the opportunity to break through.