1 hour ago, Steve Justice said:

When does the racial hatred towards Harry Kane after his penalty miss start? 

What on earth is gained by asking this?

It won't start because hes not black. Saka, Sancho etc were abused when they missed their penalties because they are black. Kane won't be abused because of his skin colour.

Hope that helps.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

It won't start because hes not black. Saka, Sancho etc were abused when they missed their penalties because they are black. Kane won't be abused because of his skin colour.

Funnily enough, that's the the exact point he was making. The abuse started immediately for those three; Steve posted the morning following the QF noting that, of course, there had been none for the player with less melanin. He could suffer racist abuse; there are non-white England fans. It's just that they're not racist! 

I find myself cheering on Morocco, always liking an underdog. No goals conceded yet; that's a good sign. We've got connections to Croatia in this house, so that's usually our team anyway. I used to live in France so tend to find myself liking them, though not so much this time: that speedy one who looks like a model of a TMNT seems a pretty classless fella, and Messi has been coming across like that to me, too, so I'm not as in interested in seeing a repeat of 86 as I might have been.

It'll be Argentina--France then.

I don’t think they should sack Southgate. He’s uninspiring, doesn’t understand how to use one of the best passers in the world and incredibly safe but he’s done about as good as he could do as England manager. There’s tons of better managers who could probably turn England in to the best team in the world but I don’t think they’d want to manage England and if they did they’d probably struggle to adapt to the way international football is set up. Probably best waiting it out for Eddie Howe.

I reckon Southgate turns to shit the first club team he takes on after he leaves.

16 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Funnily enough, that's the the exact point he was making. The abuse started immediately for those three; Steve posted the morning following the QF noting that, of course, there had been none for the player with less melanin. He could suffer racist abuse; there are non-white England fans. It's just that they're not racist! 

👆🏻

23 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Oh I knew it was a rhetorical question, just thought it was completely and utterly unnecessary that's all, as we all know the answer.

@Steve Justice I've already answered, I think it smacks of "these players were abused, this one should be as well"

Edited by SuperBacon

Not having a go here, but what does Declan Rice actually do? All I ever see him do is pass the ball backwards or sideways.

I saw on BBC Sport on their public player rater. He got a 6.4. Griesmann got 6.56 and he set up both French goals.

Danny Murphy said Rice had an astounding game. For the first goal, when France countered he flew in a for a sliding tackle and missed then couldn't get back in time to defend.

Sky Sports rated Rice an 8. Saying he kept Griesmann quiet in the 2nd half...

Except the part where he whipped in the cross for the winner.

He's one of those who looks like he's doing something but isn't really.

Like Henderson who ran around shouting for most of the games he played in. But he scored against Senegal so he doesn't get any flak anymore.

8 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

@Steve Justice I've already answered, I think it smacks of "these players were abused, this one should be as well"

If that's your take then OK. How about "none should have" as a counter point? 

I feel that not speaking out against racism, especially when a comparative hypocritical situation presents itself, is a bad thing.

It actually would be great if Harry Kane said something similar himself. That would be quite a statement.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Steve Justice said:

When does the racial hatred towards Harry Kane after his penalty miss start? 

It's obviously Rashford's fault for missing that free kick. 

This isn't the case, but I hear some. Of the newspapers are going with that narrative rather than risk saying something bad about Harry Kane. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

23 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

If that's your take then OK. How about "none should have" as a counter point? 

I feel that not speaking out against racism, especially when a comparative hypocritical situation presents itself, is a bad thing.

It actually would be great if Harry Kane said something similar himself. That would be quite a statement.

Edit: cba, but that's not what you originally said, so apologies if I got it wrong.

Some people are just desperate to abuse others I suppose.

Edited by SuperBacon

27 minutes ago, RalphyV2 said:

The midfield is something i feel can let England down a bit, mostly the more central ones though such as Rice, Henderson as examples. 

I have always been a fan of midfield players the most in general, and i feel the balance and types of midfielders we have are abit out of whack and for the most part, the England midfield is pretty average

I do wish England had someone akin to a Kante, someone who can do bits of everything well rather than just one or two things very well

Bellingham is amazing, and i read that his brother is even better, but only currently 16 years old, so a while yet until we find out 

I think that midfield pairing has the makings of a brilliant partnership with a great blend of function and flair, especially if they use the two to facilitate Foden more centrally or just let Kane drift in between midfield and attack like he already does in favour of adding another proper striker (at one point Kane, from the full back position, fed it to Shaw on the overlap to cross it in for ???) to profit from Kanes work and creativity. I like Rice but I also liked Lucas Leiva and Joe Allen so I’ve definitely got a type.