Frankie Crisp

• Awards Moderator

Mushroom aside, that looks a belter of a brekkie, @ReturnOfTheMack.

Thanks to a lack of nationalised rail, I had an unexpected few hours in Tamworth today.

IMG_0461.thumb.jpeg.e11f2fcab8e362332aff72d8cc916a94.jpeg

Decent effort, but the black pudding was nowhere near the standard of last week’s one in York. Sausages were lovely. Everything else was okay, but I’m still adamant that poached eggs are better than fried eggs, even when the latter are cooked to perfection. Which these ones were not.

I don’t know, 6/10?

16 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

I’m still adamant that poached eggs are better than fried eggs

In the egg code you're perfectly correct but we're talking about fry-ups here and a poachie on a fry-up can get to fuck.

The egg code being of course poachie, fried, scrambled, boiled.

Edited by King Coconut
Egg code

@Frankie Crisp might know this place but I had a cracking fry up from a place in the city centre called Bramleys on Friday. I had some paperwork to drop off at my job, as I got cleared to return to work after my knee injury this week, and my mum needed to get some Christmas bits so we popped there for breakfast 

I went for their Big One breakfast which was 2 thick meaty sausages, two slices of bacon, 2 crispy hash browns, mushrooms, black pudding, a fried egg, tomato (which I gave mum for hers), a pot of beans, the odd choice of a pot of thick cut chips and 2 rounds of toast for £12. It eclipsed any fry up I’ve had, including homemade ones, big enough to fill you for the day but not to leave you bloated 

• 2 weeks later...

We went to a La Vita near us for breakfast this morning. My son got the Scottish breakfast and I was blown away by how they presented the beans. As you can see they are resting in a basket made of fried bread! This is the kind of innovative thinking that could change the world like Windows 95 or the iPhone. 

IMG_20240106_093944284

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Cauliflower hash brown. I really like them. The outside is still nice and crispy by they have a sweetness to them and a softer texture on the inside. (There is a mix of potato and cauliflower in them, I think).

Edited by Chest Rockwell

8 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Cauliflower hash brown. I really like them. The outside is still nice and crispy by they have a sweetness to them and a softer texture on the inside. (There is a mix of potato and cauliflower in them, I think).

That sounds really nice. For a second I thought it was a Findus Crispy Pancake.