Frankie Crisp

36 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

Some of the best breakfasts I ever has were when I used to go out with my dad when he was a truck driver at the greasy spoon transport cafes.   Brought back a happy memory that.

My Dad was also a long distance lorry driver across the UK and Europe and there was one cafe he used to take me in on the Great West Road when I'd go out with him that must've been a hazardous site to people's (especially kids) health.

The amount of grease and smoke made it look like a rainforest. Except in, you know, South West London.

The WOKIES wouldn't allow that now.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

Some of the best breakfasts I ever has were when I used to go out with my dad when he was a truck driver at the greasy spoon transport cafes.   Brought back a happy memory that.

Absolutely this. Cheerio Cafe (aka Me Duck's) near Sleaford & the one near Red Lodge/Freckenham in Suffolk are the ones that stick in the mind.

20 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Dropped off my car at the garage to have the aircon re-gassed, and as I was on an industrial estate and had 45 minutes to kill, I walked to the greasy spoon called 'Rashers' for a fry up.

6qklpE4.jpg

Sacked off the black pudding - as I'm not a fan - for an extra hash brown. Should have got rid of the tomatoes too but didn't read probably and never noticed them on the description on the chalk board. 

£8 with a cup of tea or coffee. Not bad at all. 8/10.

All nicely cooked, apart from egg being overdone for my liking, but what's up with the hash brown puzzle going on?

Just glad they've not gone down the ponce route and added green shit to a fry up.

19 hours ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

All nicely cooked, apart from egg being overdone for my liking, but what's up with the hash brown puzzle going on?

Just glad they've not gone down the ponce route and added green shit to a fry up.

You think that egg is over done? I'd hate to see how you do your eggs. Are you one of those people that like them snotty and half raw?

I'm not sure what you're on about with the hash brown though. It's just 3 hash browns, one of which has been cut up a bit.

8 minutes ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

Egg yoke needs to be able to take stuff dipped in,.not dried out.

Hash brown should be in one piece, but then I like a nice crispy bit on it 

The egg was runny and the hash brown was cut up because I don't just funnel them into my mouth whole like a fucking gannet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

All done by me!  Took 42 minutes start to finish.  2 sausage and a roast tomatoe hiding under the bacon, toast in a rack.

IMG_1817.jpeg

Edited by Thunderplex