Which Political Party and Why?

Michael_3165

Straight forward question...

Who do you typically vote for and what makes you vote for them? 

I have always been a Labour voter and it would take a miracle for me to ever vote for the Tories. 

Why? I work for the NHS. They have systemically fucked the system for the last 10+ years and now have the gall of telling us we must "save" the NHS. I simply cannot trust the Tories with my career/future. 

I also strongly believe in looking after people in society who aren't able to do so themselves. That's not to say that I believe in taking responsibility from the individual. 

I would actually be closer to the Lib Dems but they aren't ever going to get into power on their own. 

I do feel its extremely disappointing that Corbyn and Blair have essentially screwed the Labour Party for a generation. Blair dismantled much of the unwritten constitutional frameworks of the UK whilst in power (for more info read The Allure of Power by Bennet which covers this in depth and is fantastic). Then Corbyn went in so far left that he alienated the average person in the UK. 

I am personally repulsed by the Tories; made even worse by the self-serving Johnson who has no morals and believes he is entitled to his position. I find the whole bunch vile.

So which and why?

35 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

I use PoliciesNotPeople to see who I agree with based on my values and their manifesto. Then I double check to make sure there's no hidden bits that I hate.

Yeah I use the public transport analogy. You know where you want to get to but know there probably isn’t going to be a stop right outside, so you see which gets you closest to your destination. My other criteria is to think of the most vulnerable people I know and see which party’s manifesto will make their lives better. 

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Depends on the manifesto. 

42 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

I use PoliciesNotPeople to see who I agree with based on my values and their manifesto. Then I double check to make sure there's no hidden bits that I hate.

This and this. Political parties are not football teams. Their policies change all the time, so I can't ever align myself with one party. 

12 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yeah I use the public transport analogy. You know where you want to get to but know there probably isn’t going to be a stop right outside, so you see which gets you closest to your destination. My other criteria is to think of the most vulnerable people I know and see which party’s manifesto will make their lives better. 

Just take a taxi, brah.