AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I liked this weeks episode a lot but wish that AEW would get better at telling stories within an episode, rather than just broadly week to week. For example, you set up Punk having to find a mystery partner to face FTR and then an hour later he comes out with Mox. But you could do a segment or two inbetween where Punk is backstage looking for potential partners, he bumps into Orange Cassidy, Danhausen and John Silver with comical results before he opens a door, pauses and says "oh, perfect. I think I found the guy". 

On the other hand, Punk's social media game is on point. These were all between the set-up and the match.

• Paid Members

That episode was great but maybe it's because I've been so down on the show lately that it was a nice surprise. Opening segment, Punk/MOX tag and Hangman/Archer were home runs, Keith Lee looked great (no idea why (I didn't see his Tennis Skirt WWE run so it was great to see him back), the women's division is being well built, and the door is open for workrate Omega to crash in and be like "What the fuck Adam, why the fuck is Jay back". Hell yeah.

34 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

There'd be layers of intrigue. Page is also a former Bullet Club guy so there'd be the conflict there where Jay White is the leader of Bullet Club and is trying to get Page to fall in line and Surrender the title while Page is saying it's all behind him, then you can bring in the Guerillas Of Destiny to add to it, and Page has odds to overcome and a personal conflict to resolve, which seems to be where he's been doing his best character work. 

No one needs GOD anywhere. They are the Randy orton of phoning it in tag teams 

JR committed the biggest commentator crime of all last night and, frankly, it’s still bothering me.

The top rope came down in the main event, the other commentators are making wise and helpful points about how it takes the buckshot lariat out of the game and…. c’mon JR…. tap the ball in…. The goalies off his line… the ball has sat up perfectly…. Easy goal here…

”There’ll be no buckshot lariat tonight…”

YES! HE’S SCOO… wait… what’s the old twat in the hat doing…

”…or at least not in the normal way!”

Oh, for fuck sake JR. Absolutely spooned it and your arse fell out your shorts.

We know mate. We fucking know. You don’t need to explicitly tell us the finish you absolute plum.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Louch said:

No one needs GOD anywhere. They are the Randy orton of phoning it in tag teams 

They're feuding with the Good Brothers in Impact at the moment. I bet you'd be loving that. 

I think it's established now, that AEW's audience aren't all the hardened NJPW nerds that it was assumed they'd be. Jay White coming in is interesting for the people it's interesting for, but Cole has more caché with the Wednesday night audience.

On a more subjective note, I've always found Jay White to be as dull as fucking dish water. 

• Paid Members

Did it ever come out what the health reasons were that kept Big Keith off TV, outside of him and WWE arguing about who paid the medical bills? He looked like a monster out there but had a sweat on after barely moving. Only like a 2/10 on the Shane O'Mac Scale© but I don't want the big fella dropping in the ring.

Hope we get him vs Cole for the rights to point at themselves during their entrance, just so I can see how small Adam Cole looks next to him.

2 minutes ago, chokeout said:

Did it ever come out what the health reasons were that kept Big Keith off TV, outside of him and WWE arguing about who paid the medical bills? He looked like a monster out there but had a sweat on after barely moving. Only like a 2/10 on the Shane O'Mac Scale© but I don't want the big fella dropping in the ring.

Hope we get him vs Cole for the rights to point at themselves during their entrance, just so I can see how small Adam Cole looks next to him.

Wardlow had a fair sweat on as well in his match, it’s just more noticeable in the guys when they don’t baby oil up first 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, chokeout said:

I think the word is that he had covid, and it was the long covid, so he was struggling to get back to something resembling match fitness. I was going to say I didn't remember him being quite so immobile when I saw him on a PROGRESS show or two, but maybe he's just working smarter. Slightly less mobile, but it still makes those explosive bursts of speed more impressive. 

Did they ever actually take him to his namesake town in West Yorkshire like they kept threatening to? 

12 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

They're feuding with the Good Brothers in Impact at the moment. I bet you'd be loving that. 

Good brothers are a great watch until they go on tv and wrestle.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

I think it's established now, that AEW's audience aren't all the hardened NJPW nerds that it was assumed they'd be. Jay White coming in is interesting for the people it's interesting for, but Cole has more caché with the Wednesday night audience.

On a more subjective note, I've always found Jay White to be as dull as fucking dish water. 

I'm no fan of Jay White, and agree that AEW's audience aren't necessarily going to crossover directly with NJPW's (certainly not now, when no fucker watches NJPW), but I also don't think it particularly matters.

It's as old as wrestling to bring someone in from elsewhere and tell the audience that they're a star, and if you're audience trust you, they'll believe it. If you're an AEW fan who's never watched NJPW, and Jay White is put on AEW TV and the announcers say, "this is Jay White, he's a big deal in Japan", most people will trust them and run with that.

I think it's only the nitpickers and the people deep inside the bubble who get hung up on, "well how will anyone know who Jay White is?!" - luckily there's several hours of television and a commentary team specifically to tell us who Jay White is, and that's before you even get to crediting the audience with enough intelligence to Google him.

Ric flair cut about wearing a tag belt in 91 and people took him as a big deal as was treated like a big deal. Wrestling is piss easy to make presentation reality when someone has the quality to back it up 

Edited by Louch

Can anyone brush up for me The White/Omega/Cole friends and enemies thing because I genuinely don't know and some of it seems deeply seeped in Bullet Club stuff. 

Oh and great news, Jericho is turning heel again, and he'll get that Influencer thing over, and in about 3 months we'll all love his new heel schtick. It's what always happens, the frustrating sod. 

7 minutes ago, Chili said:

Can anyone brush up for me The White/Omega/Cole friends and enemies thing because I genuinely don't know and some of it seems deeply seeped in Bullet Club stuff. 

White/Omega’s feud is pretty much summed up in this

Jay White went on to the win the match and the US Title and that’s how it pretty much ended, Jay White wouldn’t join Bullet Club for at least 6 months after when Kenny had left for AEW

Cole and White haven’t had any  interaction as far as I know.

Edited by TildeGuy~!