AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members

If it were early AEW, when there was a lot more of the sense of them leaning into the BTE stuff, with skits around the Fyter Fest gimmick and whatnot, I could really see them playing up the fact that they're doing Beach Break somewhere absolutely freezing in January. They could get some good comedy mileage out of that, but it doesn't feel quite in line with their more recent output. 

4 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

I don't mind it being in the early part of the calendar year. The AEW Bash at the Beach made a kind of sense at it fell around the time of a holiday weekend. When they changed it to Beach Break, tying it into Spring Break season probably would have been a good idea.

If they wanted to do a special edition in Cleveland call it something else.

AEW Dynamite: Lost In Cleveland was right there, too.

2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

If it were early AEW, when there was a lot more of the sense of them leaning into the BTE stuff, with skits around the Fyter Fest gimmick and whatnot, I could really see them playing up the fact that they're doing Beach Break somewhere absolutely freezing in January. They could get some good comedy mileage out of that, but it doesn't feel quite in line with their more recent output. 

It feels like BTE is barely even a thing anymore since Full Gear, episodes are much shorter and mainly just The Bucks buying shoes and Cutler recording matches. Has a lot of that stuff migrated to the others vlogs?

4 hours ago, Merzbow said:

It feels like BTE is barely even a thing anymore since Full Gear, episodes are much shorter and mainly just The Bucks buying shoes and Cutler recording matches. Has a lot of that stuff migrated to the others vlogs?

I think one of them had covid recently.

• Paid Members

Well… what a show that was.

I thought the TNT match was great. Maybe because we don’t get Ladder Matches often in AEW they stand out more, but thought they had a stonker of a match. 

Wardlow is the man, but we knew that already. Hope the bastard turns on MJF next week. The CM Punk/MJF segment outstayed its welcome a little for me. It was good, but when you’ve got a 2 hour show, I don’t want almost 15 minutes bring that!

Thought Jericho/P&P v 2.0/Garcia was an enjoyable trios with the nice narrative thread of tension with them freezing out Jericho, but his outside interference winning the match. This has got to be the end of the road.

Layla/Velvet was good. No doubt the best woman’s match we’ll see this week as Jade defends against Julia Hart on Rampage. Eesh.

Wasn’t really sure what Britts segment was either. Unlike the superb beach interview with Tone, Starks and Hobbs in the snow.

And then the main event. Thought it was good lights out match. Definitely more of a early 2000’s WWF Hardcore match feel to it then previous ones which meant it was more fun. Better then expected and was a nice payoff to this feud hopefully 

Spoiler

And of course I popped at the cameo by Danhausen! He cursed Adam Cole, hence he lost.

He’s also confirmed as signed by TK.

• Paid Members

It's the beard that makes Wardlow. 

Screenshot_20220127-075541_Twitter.jpg

Adam Cole must be regretting turning down the lucrative contract to move up to Raw to be able to do 'real' pro wrestling. 

As much as I like the Danhausen character, I have a feeling that it is going to be a very 'small doses' thing, like OC. I haven't seen Danhausen in anything other than short YouTube skits so will be interesting to see how long the interest lasts now he's on a mainstream show.

Edited by Nick James

• Paid Members

If they keep Jade Vs Julia simple like they did with her match against Anna Jay last week then I'm sure it'll be fine.