AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

6 hours ago, Tsurutagun said:

Mox wins the tournament. MJF cashes in the chip and beats Mox to leave Arthur Ashe as champ.Ā 

This is obviously what's happening. Use a WWE booking trope to book your no. 1 heel who is, doing a "I could go to WWE in 2024" gimmick to win the World TitleĀ 

And it sucksĀ 

Why? Because in kayfabe AEW Tony Khan is the matchmaker and he's sanctioned this. It means that TK is in cahoots with MJF even if he doesn't mean to.Ā 

Even if they do the TK is giving MJF power to cash in the chip because he was desperate to get MJF back. In storyline, Tony comes across is having worse man-management skills than Olivia Wilde did on the set of Don't Worry Darling.Ā 

It's a bad idea.Ā 

Ā 

Getting annoyed about something that hasn't even happened yet is a whole nother level of stupidĀ 

I genuinely wouldnā€™t mind seeing Sammy lay down for Jericho in the final. No teasing a turn, just 3 seconds of shithousery and they crown Jericho new champ.

Then of course MJF comes out to cheers and demands his match, which TK grants because ā€œthe people deserve a real main eventā€ or whatever.

MJF doesnā€™t look weak because he beat a fresh Jericho and Jericho can get mileage out of complaining that he only lost because he already wrestled a match.

I dunno, just something a bit different I guess šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Maybe the Moxley thing is a more long term angle? Sammy somehow gets the win over him as he gets written out (taken out by MJF goons, JAS or something different (like Brody King) to spark his next feud). Danielson wins the title feuds with MJF but loses at the PPV.

After a few months of MJF talking about how heā€™s going to take the title to WWE unless he gets all the money, Moxley steps up and saves the AEW title.

• Paid Members

Having now seen the full show, nowhere near enough people are talking about William Regal being the greatest signing in the history of this company.

The exponential flirting with Excalibur. Describing Danielson as trying to, "twist the melon," of Hangman Page. Calling himself an original raver from 88, "well known for a disco biscuit." Howling!

He's the best. I pray it wasn't his contract Hunter was tampering with.

They need to stop the habit of Schiavone disappearing off before the end of matches to do an interview spot for the next segment. Apart from telegraphing an imminent finish, itā€™s just a better booth with him there (especially when itā€™s just the three amigos without JR). Surprising myself at advocating for a 3-man booth, but there you go.Ā 

Danielsonā€™s music is so deflating. I want to be excited about my guy coming out to wrestle but Iā€™ve got this song thatā€™s just a slow/mid-tempo saunter that sounds like any old drum loop with ROTV shoehorned in and Iā€™ve lost interest by the time he gets to the ring.Ā 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Supremo said:

Regal has gone on record to say that him and HHH are very respectful to each other in terms of business to the point that they don't ask each other about business related stuff. Aside from his boring podcast, Regal is made for a comms role with the freedom he has now.Ā 

I do often wonder if the Americans enjoy his schtick as much as we do with his British quirky sayings and mannerisms.

Hopefully it's not just a 1 year deal he's on and doesn't just go back to a backstage role within WWE once it's done. Although, I would like to see Regal and R-Truth interacting.

On 9/10/2022 at 10:04 PM, Supremo said:

Having now seen the full show, nowhere near enough people are talking about William Regal being the greatest signing in the history of this company.

The exponential flirting with Excalibur. Describing Danielson as trying to, "twist the melon," of Hangman Page. Calling himself an original raver from 88, "well known for a disco biscuit." Howling!

"im English, i can get away with it"

top lad