AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

What the hell was with the attack on Dragon Lee at the end? Unless there's something I missed that came out of nowhere. 

Agree that JR needs sacking. I just try to block him out these days which is hard work. 

Loved Omega's return. 

As stated already, the state of Punk's punches though to be honest Mox's strikes looked shite as well. 

I like Swerve in our Glory but they feel like filler champions. 

Good show but like others here I didn’t love it and tbh I zoned out here and there.

24 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I remember this place hating Punk for the longest time, I'm getting nostalgic right now.

Bring in Nash, etc.

Nash talking for 20 mins on how he wanked in his bathroom on his podcast is better than anything the short order cook has ever done  

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

What the hell was with the attack on Dragon Lee at the end? Unless there's something I missed that came out of nowhere. 

He shook hands with the other team at the beginning, then he seemed to not approve of the other two cheating at certain points, can't remember specifics, it was pretty subtle though. 

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

I think they set that up reasonably well. Dragon Lee isn't as dastardly as the other two and wanted to shake everyone's hand at the beginning and have a good clean wrestling match. He also took the fall and Andrade and Rush are a couple of right pricks. 

10 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Dragon Lee’s a face, the other two are heels, I’ve only seen his work in New Japan but always enjoyed his matches.

The fact his masked popped off after getting the DDT was hilarious though.

Andrade pulled it loose deliberately  when he picked him up 

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Jonny Vegas said:

The funniest thing about the Page/Punk drama would be that if Punk decided to shoot on Page I have 100% confidence that Page would absolutely leather the little rat.

To be fair most wrestlers could probably beat up Punk fairly easy. He's not exactly the most imposing physical specimen. 

• Paid Members

Most newz sites now reporting that Punk is unhappy behind the scenes and particularly unhappy with some of the content of promos that Page did during their feud a few months back.

Let Punk sulk off into obscurity. AEW don’t really need him, everyone will have already have bought his merch. Having a whingey fucker like Punk backstage is only going to be detrimental to the whole company. Tony Sniff* can cry into his chequebook as he watches Punk bitch about AEW on a podcast. 

*Houchen, Keith. (2022) The book of killing a joke. [Online] accessed daily 2022. Available: www.ukff.com/everyotherpost

9 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I remember this place hating Punk for the longest time, I'm getting nostalgic right now.

Bring in Nash, etc.

8 hours ago, Louch said:

Nash talking for 20 mins on how he wanked in his bathroom on his podcast is better than anything the short order cook has ever done  

Yeah, the whole Madlad Nash fawning is definitely the UKFF version of "Kane's dead clever because he had a blog before."

I'm all for Punk being a prick so long as the TV stays decent. Even as a whole the wrestling community is forever pining for 1997 vibes, then shits the bed when a wrestler goes all 1997 and winds up taking it too seriously. 

As someone who’s not been able to catch the show yet, it appears Punk’s heel turn has been effective, no?

Like, when he left he was on the “run of his life” etc etc and now everyone hates him because of  a promo he’s cut and stories in the press that could well have been leaked by a company we already know are aware of the power of working the press.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

As someone who’s not been able to catch the show yet, it appears Punk’s heel turn has been effective, no?

Like, when he left he was on the “run of his life” etc etc and now everyone hates him because of  a promo he’s cut and stories in the press that could well have been leaked by a company we already know are aware of the power of working the press.

Punk's heel turn has certainly been effective on a small section of the audience. He won't get booed in his title match because it takes time to filter down and the match is in Chicago, and he'd already accomplished it by slating Moxley and Kingston, but sure.

He didn't need to do totally bury Adam Page to do that though. In storyline, the character is now a coward, refusing to fight Punk and hanging out in catering.

We've seen on here that AEWs best stories are the ones where you can get invested in the characters. If there is a punk page feud for all out (and sheets say that there currently isn't) it's hard to get invested in Pages character. 

Out of interest, when has AEW worked the media? That's not a gotcha, I'm sure there are examples, I just can't think of them off the top of my head.