AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members

I wonder if Tully's done, that feels really abrupt. Unless they have another act they want to put him with - and I can't see anyone he fits with better than FTR - I wonder if his contract's up and, with them having opted out of booking Ric Flair, they've decided that they've got nothing for him. Shame if that's the case, I've enjoyed most of what he's done there, and it's always nice to see a "legend" that isn't one of the revolving door of WWE-approved old timers getting on TV.

FTR are looking to take more indie bookings. Maybe they're looking to move on for the sake of having the same presentation from AEW to indie level.

Keep in mind Tully did debut as Shawn Spears manager. I wounder how low he would be willing to go to stick around? Seems like an easy enough payday to turn up to TV every other week. Since Brian Cage worked best with a manager maybe reboot as a pairing.

• Paid Members

I’m here all day long for Jeff Hardy running out to save his brother, but being so excited that he squeezed in a little dance on the ramp. Tremendous.

Whilst you’d hope that the rise of AEW would pressure WWE to put out a better product, I think the lasting effect they’ll have on Vince is that he’ll never again allow guys to use their real or independent names, nor use music he doesn’t have exclusive rights to.

Edited by Supremo

Really enjoyed the Inner Circle “regeneration” angle. Could’ve maybe done with sending Hager packing too but you can’t have everything. Take Judas away from the fans and replace it with either another bad Fozzy song (there are plenty of them) or just something generic that the fans can’t singalong to and they’re right back at the top of the heel tree.

Those guys chanting What? at Eddie Kingston though, talk about having a death wish

• Paid Members

Jericho turning full heel opens up a lot of possibilities, not least a title shot with Hangman once he comes through this programme with Kingston/Santana and Ortiz and Hangman is done with Cole. Or you don't go that way at all, there are so many options.  

Good show in components, but it all moved a bit too rapidly for me. Nothing really felt significant because there was no time to really take in what happened in any particular segment. AEW still need to find that middle ground with pacing, but it goes without saying it's better to have it be too breakneck than too plodding. 

Another really great show overall. 

The timing and flow of things is brilliant in my opinion too. The show starts off with Jericho, a new faction and a big angle, social media will have been trending people were probably switching over to see them, then those that stay are then seeing Dante Martin & Hangman a couple of "their" guys.

Same with Jeff's debut, start of the second hour then right after that we're into a showcasing of Wardlow.

It's just such an enjoyable and well put together show every week.