Triple H

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I know the guy has health issues at the moment so this absolutely isn't a thread to kick him while he's down so bear that in mind when replying.

What do you think his future holds at the moment, health issues aside? 5 or 6 years ago, it looked a given that he was running NXT for experience and he and Steph would be the natural successors to Vince McMahon. In the last year, everything he's been working on seems to have been questioned, ripped up and started again. They've chucked out his model and they've released talent he signed and loved. the chances of him running the show seem about 0.01% at the moment with a sale at some point looking much, much more likely.

He was pretty much done as a wrestler anyway, with the exception of some Saudi blood money, but his health issues probably mean he's done. Is that it for him? HOF gimmick and off into a quiet retirement? Or is that just hyperbole on my part?

I guess there's two main factors to consider really:

a) How has Vince's perception of him changed over the years, especially with the perceived failure against AEW etc.

b) How does HHH feel himself after seeing so much talent ruined by callups to the main roster, talent released and NXT overhauled..

It's tough to know. I know I'd feel like absolute shit in his position and I suppose he can either suck it up, fight back and try to prove Vince wrong or walk away frustrated and give up. Who knows what's on his mind. I imagine his future is more unclear now than it ever has been.

• Paid Members

I’m convinced he’s going to fuck the whole thing off and we won’t hear much from him for a long, long time. He’s set for life, they’ve completely lost faith in him, he doesn’t need the stress, and he’s now got health problems, so why bother?

• Paid Members

If we are looking solely at the McMahon kids as the successor to Vince, surely Shane has his finger on the pulse more than Stephanie? I mean, he wears those fancy Nike Air Jordans that all the whippersnappers are wearing outside Nandos and wherever. 

• Paid Members

Stephanie always struck me as being more like Vince, and Shane was more like Linda. I'd have thought if Vince was going to leave his empire to anybody it would have been Steph, but who knows? Shane does seem to have a decent head for business, while Stephanie must have more interest in "the business." Maybe they'd do it between them, although if Shane was bothered he'd still be there. I think I read somewhere that his last run in WWE was as talent. 

9 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I’m convinced he’s going to fuck the whole thing off and we won’t hear much from him for a long, long time. He’s set for life, they’ve completely lost faith in him, he doesn’t need the stress, and he’s now got health problems, so why bother?

I wonder if he has lost faith in his own abilities? Does he realise he isn’t as good at this lark as he thought he’d be? I’m reminded of that “Wrestling isn’t wrestling” thing where it said how he was always second fiddle to someone. Like when an assistant manager of a football team steps out of the shadow of a great manager but finds out they may have learned from the best but don’t have what it takes to cut it on their own. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

If WWE sold up, wouldn't it be up to the new owners to appoint who runs the show? Do you not think that they might put Triple H in charge as everyone seemingly bar Vince can see he's the best choice.

Not really. Likely that any new shareholders/owners won't be wrestling fans and will come at it from an entirely business perspective. On it's surface level WWE is a multi-platform media and entertainment company and they'll likely hire someone with high level executive experience in entertainment/media/sports (like Nick Khan for example). Triple H is a pretty much a nobody in comparison.

This is more about Vince than HHH, but Vinnie Mac will never be replaced. By the time he goes, they will have a complete database template thingy that compiles how he *would* have booked the shows, even years into the future - they can just pop it into a computer, or some Vince hologram monstrosity, and it'll make just as much sense as it does now.

• Paid Members

It's all well and good until they have update to windows 2050 and it fucks up and all they have are Teddy Long back up tapes, leaving us with an eternity of tag team matches and 20 undertakers.

9 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Won't lie I'd totally watch Raw for GM HoloVince. 

I can see him projecting from the tron like that bloke from PowerRangers.

Zordon_Zeo.jpg

I'd be up for him having another crack at the movies. It's just a perception thing I know, but Rock and Big Dave have made it seem like a totally different landscape to the days of Blade Trinity, when wrestlers showing up in films guaranteed that they'd be video game quality. He's been through a lot of ups and downs and there's always been a dialogue over his net worth to the business, but he's always struck me as more of an embarrassing dad than a bad apple and he deserves a retirement of playing henchmen in action films and doing goofy Instagrams from Megadeth shows. 

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

It's all well and good until they have update to windows 2050 and it fucks up and all they have are Teddy Long back up tapes, leaving us with an eternity of tag team matches and 20 undertakers.

I can see him projecting from the tron like that bloke from PowerRangers.

Zordon_Zeo.jpg

Starring Kevin Dunn as the voice of Alpha 5

Edited by Hannibal Scorch