AEW Full Gear 2021 (Sat 13th Nov)

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Eddie Kingston Got No Business F***ing Being Here (theplayerstribune.com)

Imagine not rooting for Eddie Kingston this weekend. What a star.

This is one of the most amazing things I’ve read in recent years. What a storyteller! I want a an Eddie biopic now

I hope he kicks the living shit out of Punk, to be honest.  

Eddie Kingston is the best thing in AEW for me, he's the "real" we look for in wrestling.  There's no way he's the heel in all this, when you've got smug, arrogant, greasy Pip Brooks patronising him and shitting on all the wrestlers lower down the card by using Elevation as an insult.

With Mox out, they should just put Kingston straight into his slot, put him over Punk and let him rip for as long as he can still do this.

• Paid Members

Holy shit. Might as well just rename this the Eddie Kingston appreciation thread. In the space of two weeks this man has built a match that feels on par with Hangman vs Omega, a match that’s been built up for over two years.

Even given AEW’s high standard of always turning things around and making them click, this is something else. CM Punk going from fun exhibition matches, handshakes and smiles, to this. I feel like we’re days away from Kingston referencing Colt Cabana.

I want Eddie to take his soul at the PPV. Time’s caught up with you, Punk. You’re facing a completely different level of maniac. War Kingston!

I knew they have the show after rampage Friday, but I expected at least a YouTube special on the whole hangman and omega story end to end from them. Probably loads we have all missed in things they could show as seeds on the way 

1 hour ago, Louch said:

I knew they have the show after rampage Friday, but I expected at least a YouTube special on the whole hangman and omega story end to end from them. Probably loads we have all missed in things they could show as seeds on the way 

I think it'll be uploaded this week, they already have a countdown show up omitting half of the card. I expect it to go up on Friday

30 minutes ago, 2Xtreme_lives said:

I think it'll be uploaded this week, they already have a countdown show up omitting half of the card. I expect it to go up on Friday

Yeah there’s a countdown on Friday night. But I want an hour that’s just omega & page 

• Paid Members

I know the leaked card for this show originally had CM Punk facing Wardlow, so not everything is some mastermind, genius plan, but even so. CM Punk’s run as the happiest man in wrestling culminating in him smiling at the wrong man at the wrong time is nothing short of perfect. Whether it was always the plan or not, that’s some brilliant writing.

He can cut all the dour, Jake the Snake promos he likes, I'm all in on Eddie. I know I stated either here or in another thread that Kingston vs Punk was face vs face, but the combination of that article and the batch of recent promos has totally swung me one way. To me now, Punk and Danielson are the rich popular kids telling the chubby poor nerd he should just, like, be better, other people have it worse than you, why don't you just man up, have you tried like just NOT being depressed, etc etc etc. Eddie could be such a powerful representative for so many young people. I'm fascinated where this could go.