AEW Full Gear 2021 (Sat 13th Nov)

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

“I would like to see Kenny get more heat on Hangman. It doesn’t feel like the perfect time to pull the trigger on Hangman.”

Do you reckon Bully Ray always having the worst takes in pro-wrestling is a shock jock work? Or did all those TLC matches leave him with scrambled eggs for brains?

• Paid Members

It's probably from how many times they came close to winning the tag belts in TNA, only to fall short. Bully probably thinks Page needs at least 5 more shots.

• Paid Members

WOR is going to be very interesting to listen to when Miro beats Bryan Danielson. From the tournament was announced, Meltzer and Alvarez seemed convinced that Danielson was going over, never once thinking it might be Moxley. Whereas to me, and I think most of us on here, it's seemed to be the total opposite. 

Now that Miro has been slotted in, I'm even more convinced Danielson is losing and they seem to be entrenched in the idea that he is still going over. There's no reason to make Miro the fill in guy in this tourney unless he's winning. In my mind, he's essentially taking the previous spot of tweener, possibly turning heel Moxley, who's on a Rampage to take the champions head off. Miro being added now just confirms to me that when the decision was made to go with Moxley for Hangman, that Miro was the second choice then and now has to be first choice. 

What am I missing? Clearly Meltzer and co. have some kind of an inside line on the company, but I feel they are way off the mark here. The last thing Page needs as his first feud following a title win is another top babyface. Or am I the one not getting it?

• Paid Members
Just now, WeeAl said:

What am I missing? Clearly Meltzer and co. have some kind of an inside line on the company, but I feel they are way off the mark here. The last thing Page needs as his first feud following a title win is another top babyface. Or am I the one not getting it?

That's exactly my thinking - I was guessing that Moxley was going to "go too far" against Danielson, or even pull in some outside help, in a mirror image of how Omega beat him, to really cement the heel turn by making him a hypocrite as well as increasingly vicious.

I think Miro being in the match is actually an easier sell - I'm not sure how much people were prepared to really boo Moxley yet, whereas Miro's an out-and-out heel already, and a strong win over Bryan Danielson will push him to the next level, and add a new twist to his "Forsaken/God's Chosen Champion" by having him go after a bigger belt than the one he lost. Danielson doesn't need the win, Hangman needs a strong heel for his first title defence, Omega needs something to keep him busy once he's lost the title, so I can see things being shuffled around to give us The Elite vs. Danielson/Punk and Hangman vs. Miro as the main feuds coming out of this show.

• Paid Members

Yeah Miro is more straight forward as it won't split the crowd. In this match, or in the potential match with Hangman. If Danielson was always going over, they could have put a whole host of mid card names in with Cassidy. It's clear to me what they are going for though. The lovable cowboy up against the unhinged, crazy monster. Whether that's a blood thirsty Moxley or Miro the destroyer, the idea works the same. 

If Omega isn't taking time off, splitting off into his feud with Danielson again works for me. Hell, he is going to be on the road anyway as a producer, he could be protected by exclusively  working tag or multi person tags if need be, should he still wants to stay active but need to reduce the wear on his body. 

26 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I think Miro being in the match is actually an easier sell - I'm not sure how much people were prepared to really boo Moxley yet, whereas Miro's an out-and-out heel already, and a strong win over Bryan Danielson will push him to the next level, and add a new twist to his "Forsaken/God's Chosen Champion" by having him go after a bigger belt than the one he lost. Danielson doesn't need the win, Hangman needs a strong heel for his first title defence, Omega needs something to keep him busy once he's lost the title, so I can see things being shuffled around to give us The Elite vs. Danielson/Punk and Hangman vs. Miro as the main feuds coming out of this show.

I'm not so sure. Miro appears in front of the live crowd so infrequently that I'm genuinely unsure as to what reaction he'll get in such a high profile match. He's dangerous, menacing and terrifying; but also witty and something of a badass. I could see the crowd getting behind him over Danielson if he's to challenge for the title; and I don't think a split crowd is outwith the realms of possibility if he actually does end up challenging Page. 

If it's Page vs. Miro, personally, I think I'd want to see Miro win. Page is brilliant, but Miro, for me, is the most intriguing character that they have. 

Looks like it will be a great show. MIRO/BRYAN I expect will steal the show. Bryan hasn't had a bad match since coming to AEW.

I would expect Hangman to win. Unlike Bully Ray, I feel Tony Khan knows what the fans want, and its hardly like they're hot shotting this. What a moment that could be.

• Paid Members

The most amazing thing is Omega has only defended the title 5 times in just under a year despite being on TV every week and it still feels a massive deal when he does put the belt up for grabs. Using him in multi man matches and the occasional showcase has kept him fresh while perfecting this dickhead routine where people are dying to see his old mate smash him to pieces.

Compare this with the WWE title that has changed hands from Drew to Miz to Lashley and then to E and feels like there's been double that amount of title matches on top of it and again it feels like AEW just seem to get pro wrestling more at the moment.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Eddie Kingston Got No Business F***ing Being Here (theplayerstribune.com)

Imagine not rooting for Eddie Kingston this weekend. What a star.

Paid £12 for Mox's book and this is even better. Absolutely brilliant. 

I'd no idea who Eddie was a couple of years ago. I knew the name but I couldn't have picked him out of a line up if the other blokes were all women. Not a scooby until he turned up on those NWA shows. Didn't really get anything from him there either.

I couldn't tell you when I first thought he was brilliant but I can't really remember when I last thought he wasn't either.

I feel so delighted for him. It's clear what it means to him from his work in character. He's utterly genuine. To read this adds another layer.