AEW Full Gear 2021 (Sat 13th Nov)

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

The start of Hangman's confidence issues in AEW canon were in his feud with PAC after Cody and the Bucks mock him for being fat and out of shape in comparison to PAC, who at the time had only been seen in AEW in his ring wear or Full Gear. Cody negging Hangman and setting him the challenge to be in better shape for Double or Nothing.

The first time he wore the trousers was the match with FTR if I recall correctly, which is arguably when he was at his lowest ebb, having screwed the Bucks after FTR had manipulated his insecurities.

Personally, like others I prefer the pants, but it does seem to be the kind of detail that they'd seed into this story. 

Hangman's always been insecure though - while the feud with Joey Ryan has been understandably forgotten, and it was very silly, that was all about Hangman's lack of confidence.

• Paid Members

I've seen a lot of comparisons between this show and Starrcade 1997. I wasn't watching much WCW at the time but if this is what it felt like then I've got a whole new level of sympathy for the fans. I can't even imagine my disappointment if Hangman were to win the belt after a wonky non-fast-count-restart. 

9 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I've seen a lot of comparisons between this show and Starrcade 1997. I wasn't watching much WCW at the time but if this is what it felt like then I've got a whole new level of sympathy for the fans. I can't even imagine my disappointment if Hangman were to win the belt after a wonky non-fast-count-restart. 

I know it's dumb but I'd love if they re-did that monolouge they played right before Sting came out to that match, just with Hangman.

When man's heart is full of deciet. It burns up, dies. And a dark shadow falls over his soul. From the ashes of a once great man, has risen a curse. A wrong that must be righted. We look to the trails for a vindicator, someone to strike fear into the black hearts of the same man who created him. The battle between good, and evil has begun. Against an army of shadows, lies the anxious warrior.

The prevailer of good.
With a cold beer.
And a mission of justice.
This. Is. Hangman.

Or something. I'm no writer.

Edited by 69MeDon

• Paid Members

Not sure if this has been posted but this is a tremendous recap from the start of the Hangman arc. Can't wait for them to do more episodes as it really only scratches the surface.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

They weren't quite ready though. Should have built more heat by having Hogan beat him.

• Paid Members

Just watched part 2. Tremendous stuff. The whole arc is superb and fascinating to rewatch like this. I didn't think I could be more into this match but I'd forgotten so much in those first two videos that it’s like a adrenaline hit. Wonderful.

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, DEF said:

Not sure if this has been posted but this is a tremendous recap from the start of the Hangman arc. Can't wait for them to do more episodes as it really only scratches the surface.

Good lord this is tremendous. Makes me wish that AEW would do a similar one hour special on Hangmans journey. Crazy how long and deep this feud is.

• Paid Members

Happy Hangman Day everyone.

This Countdown was solid, if unspectacular, and I was disappointed we didn’t get a huge, indulgent music video covering the entirety of the Hangman vs. Omega story. The last few minutes are a work of art though. Peaks exactly at the end. I’m ready to jump out of my seat when that Buckshot lands tonight.

Edited by Supremo

3 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

1) Do the Bucks second Omega?

2) Does Hangman kick out of the One Winged Angel? As in they avoid doing the spot, because we all know who's winning.

1) Might come out to the stage in the entrances, but that’s it

2) Yes, and Omega is good enough to keep a match going beyond the kick out to make it feel as though it’s not a foregone conclusion 

Watching the fan made videos, the only time the one winged angel has been kicked out of in aew is when hangman used it on the bucks. If they use that again tonight, should be a massive near fall. Especially if it’s from kenny trying to do the buckshot