AEW Full Gear 2021 (Sat 13th Nov)

tiger_rick

That tag with Cody in it seems really squeezed in there. I mean, I'm into it - it'll no doubt be mad. But the show is going long, for sure.

Anyway, I am so pumped for the PPV. I've been thinking about Hogan vs Sting at Starrcade '97 a lot this week because of the obvious parralells between that and the Hangman vs Omega story. Let's just hope Hangman works on his tan prior to Saturday.

Edited by 69MeDon

Yeah, them going to close to 4hrs for PPV is pretty standard. Other than Cody, its the only real drawback I have with AEW. That’s not to say that it can’t work depending on the booking and the general flow/running order of the show, but on occasion there has been a dip midway through the show because they’ve normalised going that long. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should, but again, it’s all dependant on the story/stories being told on the night.

Thats probably just me becoming a fan in the era when 3hr PPVs were the norm, with Wrestlemania occasionally going a bit longer. The last few years of 5hr+ Wrestlemanias nearly made me stop watching.

Looking forward to the show though and glad it’s back on a Saturday, even if it is just for this one

Edited by WyattSheepMask

With how smart the booking of Hangman's story has been I do wonder whether they might have done a bit more with Danielson and Omega in the last couple of weeks to plant the seed that Kenny might actually be retaining so he can do a title feud with Bryan.

I think everyone is expecting Hangman to win on Saturday and that's totally the right move, but if Danielson had been making more noise about challenging Kenny No Balls and maybe even shown up in a couple of Kenny's segments I'd at least have a flicker of doubt about the result. Which would only make the actual Hangman win all the sweeter.

I'm basically fantasy booking here like so feel free to ignore.

On 11/10/2021 at 1:54 AM, Supremo said:

Someone's been watching Apocalypse Now - 

Same costume, same lighting, even does the Kurtz sweat wipe.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, BrodyGraham said:

Bearing in mind the attention to detail that's gone into Hangman's story, the relevance to Hangman's emotional arc and indeed the name of the show, does Hangman ditch the longboys on Saturday? 

Is he finally in Full Gear Shape?

I hope not. The first time he wore fringed tights was the first time I remember thinking, "fucking hell, he looks the business". I'd been warming to him, and that was the moment he arrived for me. It's a much better fit for the cowboy vibe.

1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

What's with the narrative that you have to wear trunks? Fucking Triple H's fault, probably. Never a problem for Taker, Foley, Bret, Shawn, Big Kev, Sting, etc. Switching to trunks didn't solve Jericho's problems. A nonsense.

The start of Hangman's confidence issues in AEW canon were in his feud with PAC after Cody and the Bucks mock him for being fat and out of shape in comparison to PAC, who at the time had only been seen in AEW in his ring wear or Full Gear. Cody negging Hangman and setting him the challenge to be in better shape for Double or Nothing.

The first time he wore the trousers was the match with FTR if I recall correctly, which is arguably when he was at his lowest ebb, having screwed the Bucks after FTR had manipulated his insecurities.

Personally, like others I prefer the pants, but it does seem to be the kind of detail that they'd seed into this story. 

Edited by BrodyGraham

I’d love a big Okada style pop for him in trunks. Could be hidden with chaps. 

entrance spoiler 

Spoiler

they have been filming hangman on a horse around the city last night