WWE Clash Adjecent To The Castle. Drew McIntyre (almost) comes home

Jazzy G

I'd love to know what sort of numbers that highlight show does and specifically how many of those are casuals or started off as casuals. A mate of mine has got really in to WWE despite never liking wrestling previously because that show fitted in nicely with his weekend viewing with the kids after Match Of The Day. Him and his daughter have got really invested to the point they're up for going to live events and he's telling me what happened that week when I see him which is really nice to see.

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

The weird thing is, I see as man WWE toys now then back in the early 90’s Hasbro days and early 00’s Jakks days. We have less toy shops, but Smyths normally have half an aisle dedicated to WWE, The Entertainer, B&M and Home Bargains normally have up to date ranges as well. Even Sainsburys and Asda have some. So kids certainly have access, but I think the visibility of the whole product is largely down to parents.

Are they being sold to kids, or to adult collectors, though?

Saying that, when I was waiting for my second Covid jab there was a young lad sat playing with The Rock and Big E figures, so they're out there. I still occasionally see kids in John Cena or just generic WWE merch. The brand's the draw, innit.

53 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

I'd love to know what sort of numbers that highlight show does and specifically how many of those are casuals or started off as casuals. A mate of mine has got really in to WWE despite never liking wrestling previously because that show fitted in nicely with his weekend viewing with the kids after Match Of The Day. Him and his daughter have got really invested to the point they're up for going to live events and he's telling me what happened that week when I see him which is really nice to see.

A quick look at the last 4-5 weeks on BARB and none of the WWE shows on Paramount make their Top 15. They'll be scoring less 120k-140k. Given the time slots I doubt any particular airing would hit 6 digits.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Are they being sold to kids, or to adult collectors, though?

Saying that, when I was waiting for my second Covid jab there was a young lad sat playing with The Rock and Big E figures, so they're out there. I still occasionally see kids in John Cena or just generic WWE merch. The brand's the draw, innit.

You see way more basics out in the wild then elites, so more aimed at kids. I know two friends with kids under 12 and they all have WWE figures. But the collectors market is clearly growing

• Paid Members

Given they are doing MITB in the new stadium in Vegas next year, I could actually see Summerslam in a stadium over here being a goer.

Wonder if it's in any way related to the hinting that AEW might run Craven Cottage next summer?

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Callum1993 said:

Alex McCarthy of Talksport is reporting that the plan is to do Summerslam in the UK next year with the Principality Stadium in Cardiff as the front runner for the venue https://t.co/BCPcBteyH0 

Principality has a retractable roof doesn't it? I can imagine that being a big factor to doing a stadium show over here. 

45 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Principality has a retractable roof doesn't it? I can imagine that being a big factor to doing a stadium show over here. 

Yes, curious how they'll handle Raw and Smackdown. The Cardiff arena is on the small side. So maybe they'd try and do all of them at the Stadium, or have at least Raw in London/elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Healy52003 said:

Reckon there could be an official travel package by wwe but very possible it could be over priced and DIYing it might be best esp coming from Ireland (quick Ryanair flight across and back)

Be nice if this was announced soon as it gives time to plan and save 

I hope the travel package is a seat on the Megabus (if it still exists) a room in an F1 hotel and bag of Gregs sausage rolls so any fans coming over here get the full Britwres trip experience. Any Axxess type event needs to have a stall where you can get your photo taken in front of Gangrel eating crisps.

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Perry said:

Even the highlight shows on Channel 5 got booted over to their Paramount channel.  It doesn't say much for the current product when a broadcaster like Channel 5 doesn't even want it on their main channel.

They should have got Shannon Tweed in to GM Raw 

Spurs Stadium or Wembley prob the best in regards if its the whole hog 

Fri- SD in the O2

Sat- summerslam outdoors or NXT Takeover (O2)

Sun- summerslam outdoors or NXT Takeover(The o2)

Mon- Raw the o2 

My wallet hurts thinking of that 

Wouldn't surprise me if it's only Summerslam in Cardiff on a Saturday and then back to the states for raw on Monday. They could pre record the go home SD show 

Anyones guess really but hopefully it's announced sooner rather than later  

Edited by Healy52003