WWE Clash Adjecent To The Castle. Drew McIntyre (almost) comes home

Jazzy G

43 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

As there are at every PPV in WWE and AEW. Proper “If you say it enough times you might be right eventually” vibes. The same people who think he’s returning to cost Roman the title are the same who think he’s turning up at All Out

Well, with the power of holograms, he could do both!!!

Edited by SuperBacon

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I mean that is fine for him to say in hindsight. But he did stunt booking, had to move the show to another day because of losing sponsors and it led to losing your job and position in the company. Thankfully his father in law's outside activities caught up with him and he ended up back to get the top gig. 

To

If you remember, NXT was on the Network until August 2019, when the show went from 1 hour to 2 hours, moved it to USA Network 2 weeks before Dynamite and debuted. HHH himself even said it was it's own brand and not developmental anymore. I love Trips, but that is bollocks. 

Revisionist history in WWE? Say it isn't so.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

Honestly I could hear Tony Khan crying as I watched this.

The reaction to this line has been ridiculous. If anyone else had said it? Fair enough, point out what a load of revisionist shit it is. Post that video of Hunter, “rallying the troops,” and talking about taking the NXT fans into a, “foxhole.” Get the press release where they originally congratulated AEW, calling it, “a marathon, not a sprint.” But Hunter saying it? Now? In a puff piece interview? What the fuck else is he supposed to say? The truth?!

”Yeah, they absolutely humiliated me, destroying my pet project, exposed all my worst panic booking, cost me thousands of dollars in ladders, cost me my job, and if Vince hadn’t been exposed as a sex pest I’d still be carrying Bruce and Johnny’s bags. Anyway, don’t forget to watch the pay per view!”

The fact that WWE's developmental show escalated to the level where it got a TV deal and had pump put into it to best Dynamite also doesn't change the fact that his statement is factually correct. 

Is it still a massive win, considering the promotion was in its infancy and up against a WWE backed show? You betcha. But was it their A show besting WWE's - by a significant distance - C show? You betcha. 

I suppose it's fair for fans to get excited about it, but I'm not sure it would have been seen as such a shit the bed pie face if an episode of Impact outdrew ECW in like 2007. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members

I think the key to it is that it's the fight that WWE picked. AEW didn't go after them, they figured that if they moved to wednesday and made it two hours that it would either slow AEW down or stop them getting a good TV deal, and that didn't work and they lost the ratings war most weeks, and now most of the big stars from NXT in that era work for AEW.

To use language HHH would prefer: AEW didn't conquer them, but WWE sent troops they thought would be good enough to stop the insurgency and they lost.

He is, as Supes says, never ever going to admit that in an interview like this.