Remember Bray Wyatt? He's good isnt he ... WELL HE'S GONE!

IANdrewDiceClay

Honestly I hope if it's MH stuff and he's just done with it and just wants a break as he's not long off being a new dad, good for him. 

He's the Vince Russo can write a great first chapter of wrestlers. Everything he debuted had a real feel of 'ok, we like, this is good' but a combination of everything and everyone being cute, and seemingly no one saying 'actually, no don't' to some of his dafter shite. 

That night he worked face teaming with Roman, those outstanding Wyatt Family pieces, The Fiend debut against Balor and Daniel Bryan twatting him in cage. Lovely stuff. 

Edited by Chili

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Louch said:

He’s the Russo of wrestlers. 

11 minutes ago, Chili said:

He's the Vince Russo can write a great first chapter of wrestlers.

"Vintage Chili!"

I'm well out of touch with wrestling, but this seems a huge loss and Bray really is the epitome of 'missed opportunity'. Fantastic charisma, outstanding promo and for me he was underrated in the ring. If AEW are the guys that supposedly get things right that WWE get wrong, they should definitely sign Bray to prove it if he's available. He's too talented for them not to take a chance, WWE stank or not. Their fanbase have always been behind him, but not how he's been booked. 

• Paid Members

It's mad that we're only a couple of years away from WWE paying Anderson and Gallows silly money to stop them going to AEW. Now they are sacking off the likes of Wyatt and Strowman and, apparently, letting Bryan's contract expire.

It might sound stupid but out of the promotions I watch regularly, I'd actually like to see him go to New Japan, rather than AEW or Impact. They could really do with someone NEW and I think he'd benefit from not being able to rely on all the supernatural stuff.

That might just be me desperately wanting him to stay the fuck away from the Dark Order though. It's the most wholesome, likeable gimmick in years. The last thing they need is to go back to all the "Oooh. We're a spooky Cult" bollocks. Either he sticks on a cowboy hat and bows down -1 or he can fuck off.

3 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Because, like every other WWE wrestler, he has complete control over the direction the company takes with his character, right? 

Not saying he had complete control but he had what seemed like more influence than others.  And how he used that, and acted thinks out was shit more than it was good. 

• Paid Members

"What's Way Bryatt doing in the Impact zone?"

Someone had to say it.

I mean I'm not exactly gonna claim to be his biggest fan, I think he's really dull in the ring and he's been involved in some seriously bad television over the years but there's no doubt he's one of the most creative minds in the biz. The Fiend could've been a special attraction for years to come with a few tweaks but they just had no idea to book the character other than to put him in the title picture.  

Can take or leave him in AEW to be fair but I do think he'll end up there in due course.

If he starts teaming with his brothers Ron and Don in impact , old Husky might main event there 

Edited by Louch

1 hour ago, Louch said:

Not saying he had complete control but he had what seemed like more influence than others.  And how he used that, and acted thinks out was shit more than it was good. 

Based on what exactly? Nikki Cross had her idea become a reality. Does she strike you as someone who has more influence than others? The fact he pitched gimmicks that they ran with really doesn’t mean anything, really.

At this point it’s pretty clear how the company operates, and it’s not through giving the wrestlers much agency.

For a few years there, the lights going red on you at the end of a PPV meant you were going to be trapped into a shit feud for three months. Bryan, Cena, the entire Shield. Pretty sure they all got dragged under the ring by Bray at one point or another. Proper 'Your favourite's fucked" wrestler. 

I'd take an AEW debut as IRS 2000. 

Really sad to hear, but considering what has been said about him struggling, this could be a case of mutual agreement. I obviously hope he is okay.

Right now I wouldn't want him in AEW, just because everything is getting a bit overstuffed over there. I say (IF he wants to come in) bring him in down the line when things calm down a bit and you need a pop.

Right now we the Kenny Omega / Hangman fued, Punk, Bryan, Malaika Black, Rusev and Andrede you've way too much going on to insert Wyatt into it all. 

Someone said it in the release thread, but he'd be better off turning up in AEW if he did, as full Dusty, southern fiery babyface. Spooky bollocks is done for a bit, sod all these weirdos and full on Funkasaurus them by doing something utterly new.

• Paid Members

I know Meltzer has said 'Budget cuts', but with Bray being the only one released (at present), I wouldn't be surprised if that is just the company line. For Bray's sake, I hope it actually is due to budget cuts, due to the reports of how much he was struggling with the loss of Brodie. It could be that he's just thought, 'Fuck this, I'm out' with him recently having children and also with Bo Dallas giving it up and just running his farm. 

There was a picture surfaced last week and it showed how much weight he had lost. 

EDIT: Never mind, multiple reports stating that it was Johnny Ace who made the decision and that Nick Khan is obsessed with keeping the books 'In the red'.

Edited by Nick James