Remember Bray Wyatt? He's good isnt he ... WELL HE'S GONE!

IANdrewDiceClay

7 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Based on what exactly? Nikki Cross had her idea become a reality. Does she strike you as someone who has more influence than others? The fact he pitched gimmicks that they ran with really doesn’t mean anything, really.

At this point it’s pretty clear how the company operates, and it’s not through giving the wrestlers much agency.

He’s either super creative or he didn’t get any influence and was ignored . Pick a side 

1 hour ago, Louch said:

He’s either super creative or he didn’t get any influence and was ignored . Pick a side 

That’s utter nonsense. We definitively know that the gimmicks came from his own mind, and that demonstrates creativity. We also know that the television show these gimmicks appear on is micro-managed to within an inch of its life and that wrestlers get little to no say on what happens with their characters. Listen to or read pretty much any interview with wrestlers that have left that company if you need context.

• Paid Members

I wonder whether he'll be back in future on several reduced pay like they're offering Strowman. 

33 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

That’s utter nonsense. We definitively know that the gimmicks came from his own mind, and that demonstrates creativity. We also know that the television show these gimmicks appear on is micro-managed to within an inch of its life and that wrestlers get little to no say on what happens with their characters. Listen to or read pretty much any interview with wrestlers that have left that company if you need context.

I’m well aware of how wwe are run. But he was given as much creative license as anyone, and just went with what was told. Vince only respects people who are fully into their stuff to the point they will walk away than do it. Bray didn’t back up his ideas with conviction, is bang average bell to bell and appeals to Lore weirdos who wish they could cut around Asda with a paraffin lamp. 

• Paid Members

I wasn’t going to post but I want to say that I find it uncomfortable that there’s so much speculation over someone’s mental health. He never said anything was wrong. It was one report and that was countered by other reports pretty quickly saying nobody had heard that. People have taken it and run with it, wishing him well etc and now blaming his release on it. I imagine that’s not been nice for him especially given that it all relates to his friend’s death. Imagine facing a wall of that on social media. Can’t we wait for someone to tell us themselves? Speculation can be harmful to mental health too.

Isn’t it possible that he came up with the gimmicks and had some control over character etc, but not overall booking? He obviously wouldn’t have booked himself into some situations or losses, so it seems clear he never had full control. There was a report via Twitter (can’t remember the source) which seemed to suggest he would refuse to do things he didn’t like so that may have played a part. If it’s true, I can only imagine the daft shit they wanted. You’d think that something has been going on because he’s been off for so long, and there was a report that it wasn’t creative or personal.

For what it’s worth, I’ll miss him and I think it’s a loss to WWE. He was a reason I watched (I mostly missed his first run) so this makes me less inclined to watch, and I’d already been struggling.  He’s not for everyone but at least it was different in the overall picture and at this point, they need that along with refining their booking. I don’t like the whole “they pay x wrestler and get rid of y and it’s unfair” argument but for me, it’s more that they’re keeping and pushing people I have little interest in and I see them too much.

It will be interesting to see how much he now says. I feel bad for him that he was due back this month but I hope this is something that he wanted to some degree (freedom, other projects etc). I hope he finds somewhere to have freedom to do what he wants but it’s sad that we never saw the full potential of what he was trying to do. Twitter is still active with this so it’s clearly not just his hardcore fans finding it bewildering.

35 minutes ago, Louch said:

I’m well aware of how wwe are run. But he was given as much creative license as anyone, and just went with what was told. Vince only respects people who are fully into their stuff to the point they will walk away than do it. Bray didn’t back up his ideas with conviction, is bang average bell to bell and appeals to Lore weirdos who wish they could cut around Asda with a paraffin lamp. 

‘As much creative license as anyone’ is not very much at all. I’m honestly not sure what you’re trying to argue here. That it’s his own fault that things didn’t work out? Where does ‘he didn’t back up his own ideas with conviction’ even come from? Based on what, exactly? It’s quite clear that WWE TV is written for an audience of wrong - so even if everything you’re saying was true (which it almost certainly isn’t), and the direction of his character was all of his own making, you’re still trying to present something that gets past the filter of Vince McMahon.

Heck, even if Bray was pitching wild ideas, it’s the job of creative to reign it in and make a coherent product out of it. Ultimately he’s not responsible for what ends up on TV. There’s nothing wrong with being good at initial concepts before someone else fleshes out the idea you’ve initially come up with. 

Finally, the fact Wyatt has been released shows that he did not have the level of influence that you seem to think he had. Outside of Roman Reigns, I’m not sure anyone in that company has absolute job security. So you can understand why someone might just do what their told. The implication that Wyatt should have walked away over bad creative is a ridiculous expectation. Why should he walk away from a high paying job, and to where? For the bulk of his WWE run there’s been no credible alternative. And even now, a job at AEW is not, by any means, guaranteed.

As soon as I saw the topic headline, my first thought was similar to the Braun thing. Get rid, bring him back 3 months later with a nice hefty pay decrease. And that's it, I would be more surprised if that's not the case. 

The absolute bottom line in that company now seems to be how much money can we save to ultimately make more going forward. Similar to Braun, a 7 figure annual salary. It has to be the easiest, most logical next step in cost cutting measures for them. Say they have upwards of ten people on 7 figures (Not all of who will be expendable in their eyes, Reigns etc), that's gotta be another couple of mill they could potentially save per year.

As with the Bond films..

Bray Wyatt will return

Edited by Mikeymike83

34 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

‘As much creative license as anyone’ is not very much at all. I’m honestly not sure what you’re trying to argue here. That it’s his own fault that things didn’t work out? Where does ‘he didn’t back up his own ideas with conviction’ even come from? Based on what, exactly? It’s quite clear that WWE TV is written for an audience of wrong - so even if everything you’re saying was true (which it almost certainly isn’t), and the direction of his character was all of his own making, you’re still trying to present something that gets past the filter of Vince McMahon.

Heck, even if Bray was pitching wild ideas, it’s the job of creative to reign it in and make a coherent product out of it. Ultimately he’s not responsible for what ends up on TV. There’s nothing wrong with being good at initial concepts before someone else fleshes out the idea you’ve initially come up with. 

Finally, the fact Wyatt has been released shows that he did not have the level of influence that you seem to think he had. Outside of Roman Reigns, I’m not sure anyone in that company has absolute job security. So you can understand why someone might just do what their told. The implication that Wyatt should have walked away over bad creative is a ridiculous expectation. Why should he walk away from a high paying job, and to where? For the bulk of his WWE run there’s been no credible alternative. And even now, a job at AEW is not, by any means, guaranteed.

Sooner the gratitude era look back at how Shawn, hogan, Austin etc treated Vince when they didn’t like what he said the better. Instead it’s a bunch of kids trying to get that post match hug from Vince instead of telling him to give them something better to do. He respects and treats better those that tell him to get fucked 

1 minute ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Are you being thick on purpose?

The 'Gratitude Era' would be lucky to even get in direct contact with Vince. Listen to any interview from people that left the place in the last couple of years.

Definitely seems to be the case. Maybe a few seconds run-in with him in gorilla or something on a rare occasion but certainly no regular relationship. He's too busy in the gym and definitely not being bothered by AEW AT ALL. Honest.

1 hour ago, Mikeymike83 said:

As soon as I saw the topic headline, my first thought was similar to the Braun thing. Get rid, bring him back 3 months later with a nice hefty pay decrease. And that's it, I would be more surprised if that's not the case. 

The absolute bottom line in that company now seems to be how much money can we save to ultimately make more going forward. Similar to Braun, a 7 figure annual salary. It has to be the easiest, most logical next step in cost cutting measures for them. Say they have upwards of ten people on 7 figures (Not all of who will be expendable in their eyes, Reigns etc), that's gotta be another couple of mill they could potentially save per year.

As with the Bond films..

Bray Wyatt will return

Otherwise known as ‘running a business’

1 hour ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Are you being thick on purpose?

The 'Gratitude Era' would be lucky to even get in direct contact with Vince. Listen to any interview from people that left the place in the last couple of years.

I have and those who have wanted face to face time enough get it. If you don’t think there’s too many wrestlers too in awe of him to speak up, then “Thick” must be catching 

I mean I'd argue that none of us really know what the fuck goes on there anyway so I don't think any of us are thick. We're all just discussing based on a lot of assumptions etc. Unless anyone on here works with Vince and has kept it a secret. Or one of you is Vince. Wouldn't surprise me the sneaky bastard.