Unnecessarily stiff acts

garynysmon

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, quote the raven said:

Also i want to think there was a Ian Rotton one? where he beat some kid half to death for something he did to mickey knuckles? 

Mike Levy. 

Some local garbage wrestler / backyarder got Ian to agree to let him appear in a deathmatch with Mickie. 

She stiffed him a lot, including headbutting him. He headbutted her back, leaving a big lump on her forehead. 

Ian went nuts as she was just about to start working TV tapings with TNA, and verily they kicked the shit out of him. 

Nothing came of it, as Levy was offered a second booking to make up for it. 

I'm sure I saw a Perry Saturn YouTube video about him beating up a jobber on Heat/metal/etc because he did a move wrong or something and urban legend has it this is why he had to do the moppy gimmick, as punishment essentially.

On one of the first AEW PPV's didn't Bea Preistly go to town on Sadie Gibbs? Stiffed her and chucked her out of rumble early? All stemming back from their beef in japan.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, theringmaster said:

I'm sure I saw a Perry Saturn YouTube video about him beating up a jobber on Heat/metal/etc because he did a move wrong or something and urban legend has it this is why he had to do the moppy gimmick, as punishment essentially.

Yeah, the jobber was called Mike Bell I think. Saturn throws him out the ring and he lands on his head. Pretty brutal. If I recall correctly Saturn wrestled Bradshaw a few weeks later and after the match Bradshaw and Farooq stiffed the shit out of him as an unofficial punishment from the office for the incident.

The Acolytes also stiffed the hell out of the Dudleyz in a backstage segement on direct order from Vince McMahon when they first came in to make sure they weren't another Public Enemy. The Dudleyz immediately shook the Acolytes hands afterwards and thanked them and had no problems afterwards.

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Yeah, the jobber was called Mike Bell I think. Saturn throws him out the ring and he lands on his head. Pretty brutal. If I recall correctly Saturn wrestled Bradshaw a few weeks later and after the match Bradshaw and Farooq stiffed the shit out of him as an unofficial punishment from the office for the incident.

I could never figure out what Mike Bell was supposed to have done wrong tbh. Looks to me that Perry Saturn didn't take the move right and started going apeshit.

Edited by garynysmon

It's that Shibata headbutt isn't it? I know being stiff was some of his appeal (he was also talented and had a good enough look that NJPW would get behind him) but the fact his career ended on an unnecessarily stiff headbutt (I know there were other factors as well) I'm an otherwise star making performance is gutting. 

I kinda hope it's reflected in his teachings. "Now remember kids, pull your headbutts." 

I also just think, what if he'd have hurt Okada? Just crazy. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

The Acolytes also stiffed the hell out of the Dudleyz in a backstage segement on direct order from Vince McMahon when they first came in to make sure they weren't another Public Enemy. The Dudleyz immediately shook the Acolytes hands afterwards and thanked them and had no problems afterwards.

Wrestling is so stupid. What is wrong with us all?

• Paid Members
23 hours ago, quote the raven said:

Vader vs any jobber or combo of jobbers in WCW, They should have just gone home. 

Also i want to think there was a Ian Rotton one? where he beat some kid half to death for something he did to mickey knuckles? 

Yeh that was Mike Levy. There was a similar incident at the King of the Deathmatches where Ian battered some fella named Peter B. Beautiful. I cant recall the backstory, but i think was something to do with Beautiful refusing to sell and at the same time taking issue homosexual gimmick. Its a tough watch.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Between that and her awful music, I could never root for her. 

Ahh jesus, I hope somebody kicked her head in for that. That's awful.

2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Ahh jesus, I hope somebody kicked her head in for that. That's awful.

Check out the documentary it’s from “GAEA Girls”. It’s fucking disturbing and downright criminal. Makes Whiplash seem like Dead Poets Society in terms of teachers.