Unnecessarily stiff acts

garynysmon

14 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Even by wrestling standards getting information on the dodgy shit that has happened in the Japanese scene is difficult.

Yeah. Wasn’t there all that shit in women’s wrestling where it was like a prison and the newbies had to be a prag for the veterans?

4 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Not heard that one tbw. Wouldn't shock me though. 

I’ve probably got it wrong then. I’m sure I heard they picked recruits to be their sub, as it were, but it’s probably bollocks. 

• Paid Members
On 7/16/2021 at 3:04 PM, quote the raven said:

Vader vs any jobber or combo of jobbers in WCW, They should have just gone home. 

The one that first comes to mind is the Powerbomb where he thought he'd broken Joe Thurman's back on that episode of Saturday Night/Worldwide. It must just be some kind of red mist descended when the bell rang. According to Foley's book big Leon was in tears in the back afterwards because of it. 

Bob Holly took some scandalous liberties with Rene Dupree in a match did didn't he? I seem to remember him being a bit rough with the trainees during the first series of Tough Enough as well? 

Did I misremember it or was Jericho a bit of a dick when he had his match with RVD at KOTR in 2002? I seem to remember him trying to be stiff and not really selling very much. 

The last one is I remember the first match between Samoa Joe & Low Ki in Ring Of Honor. It felt to me like Ki was trying to be a bit stiff, and at some point in the match Joe realises that they can work a bit snug and starts giving it back as well. It makes for a really good match. 

Holly was stiff with new people quite often. Wasn't the Dupree thing because Dupree borrowed his rental car and then smashed it up and Bob got the blame? There is also a story in his book about how JR told him to beat the shit out of Cody in a match to find out what he has got. 

It really is a mental business. 

17 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Did I misremember it or was Jericho a bit of a dick when he had his match with RVD at KOTR in 2002? I seem to remember him trying to be stiff and not really selling very much. 

Don't remember the match itself but isn't that the one where Jericho had a sulk online afterwards because some people thought it was disappointing? 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Chili said:

Always heard that Sasaki thing was dropping the guy on his head loads or something. 

Yeah same. The version I heard was that the trainee was complaining he was injured so Sasaki dropped him on his head a load of times to ‘toughen him up’ or some shite. @The King Of Swing is right though, nobody really talks. Not surprising really when you consider the Yakuza was no doubt running the show over there behind the scenes. I remember Scott Norton being asked about it in a shoot interview once and he really didn’t wanna talk about it.

I think RVD and Jericho had a few issues when they were having their series of matches during the Invasion run in 2001. RVD’s said a few times Jericho was being a right prick at the time. 

Edited by wandshogun09

12 minutes ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

Dunno if it counts  but this one was disgusting, no sure on the backstory but the Greg Valentine look alike just decided to kick the shit out of the other woman. Remember it being posted on here and she had to retire from what I can remember

Starts at 6.49

Yeah Act Yasukawa retired following the incident after a brief comeback. 

She worked a more "theatrical" style match for AWG recently I belive but I think that was a one off.

Yushiko (the twat) was originally only suspended but after a "talent meeting" was indefinitely suspended (shit canned basically) and the main trainer resigned.

Kairi Sane/Hojo was actually appointed by the locker room as some sort of talent representative following the incident, I believe. 

Yoshiko "retired" for a brief time but eventually resurfaced. She even worked a one off match in Stardom which left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths, mine included.

Read that she also got her ass kicked so bad in an MMA fight in Korea that she was reduced to tears. No idea if true but I like to believe it is. 

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Speaking of Jericho, what about him laying that clown out on Dynamite a month or so back? he didnt seem to pull that thing at all.

He addressed it on Twitter when people called him on it:

looked like he flattened the poor fucker to me.

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

RVD’s said a few times Jericho was being a right prick at the time. 

47 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

isn't that the one where Jericho had a sulk online afterwards because some people thought it was disappointing? 

Aren't there a few tales of Jericho having a big ego and a thin skin? 

Edited by Tommy!