The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

I was chatting to a friend, who for his sins is also a Spurs fan, during the game and said that every time the camera cut to Conte on the touchline he looked like he regretted every decision in his life that had got him to this point.

To be fair, he always looks like that. 

• Paid Members

Is this Roman trying to cash in before he gets sanctioned? I thought he was on his way out there to broker peace? 

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Tuchel is absolutely right there. What else can he say. 

Without a doubt. Typical journalists just looking for a soundbite. 
Too many arseholes, like below, thinking they’re part of the story rather than just reporting on it. 

Fucks sake, not one cunt let me push to the front when Covid was rife and I was delivering vital parcels of bulk cleaning products and crisps. Looks like journalists just pushed ahead of posties on the emergency services pyramid.

Did Tuchel think Ken Bates was still in charge when he took the job?

He should probably be telling those higher up to come out and front it, but as the highest ranking member of Chelsea out there he's going to be asked these things.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Did Tuchel think Ken Bates was still in charge when he took the job?

He should probably be telling those higher up to come out and front it, but as the highest ranking member of Chelsea out there he's going to be asked these things.

I don't know about that. We as a society, our government, and global football have basically said it's OK that some of the most execrable people on the planet own football teams, through continued attendance, lack of legislation, and complete inertia in implementing sporting sanctions. They're pretty widespread now. If top managers were to turn down jobs from clubs owned by cunts, they'd never get work. If fans, governments, and football bodies remain adamant in refusing to let politics have any bearing on football, managers shouldn't be expected to talk about it - they can if they want, but to keep prodding after he's made his position clear several times seems a bit dickish.