The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Surely a Russo swerve would be her scoring in her own net and pulling off her England top to reveal the other teams. 

Definitely a Russo move.

• Paid Members

It's come home!

Toone coming on for Kirby was a pivotal moment (sorry Bacon), that audacious finish was sublime. Kirby was being absolutely bullied off the ball before then, missing out on every second ball. 

Chole Kelly made up for not stopping the counter attack that led to the Germany goal with quick feet for the winner and then incredible time wasting that Houchen would be proud of. Hugging Lauren Hemp after successfully winning a throw-in was great shithousing

The fact that it was against a far superior Germany team makes it all that sweeter.

Edit: forgot to say, my favourite part was Jill Scott telling a German to "fuck off, you fucking prick"

Edited by SuperBacon
JILL SCOTT ULTRAS

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Jill Scott telling a German to "fuck off, you fucking prick"

That was bloody tremendous. I swear Germany allowed Chloe Kelly the opportunity to score because they were scared shitless of Jill Scott in the area for a corner.

4 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Respect to Ian Wright in using his profile as an advocate too

Obviously I'm going to say this, but he's a top, top man. I adore him. 

• Paid Members

I've been to one WSL game ever and had.to look up a lot of the players so as much as I'd love to be all "yes women's football! Finally equality" it's a bit hollow as I am a Johnny come lately myself but what a way to win the thing and what an atmosphere. Bloody brilliant

4 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Obviously I'm going to say this, but he's a top, top man. I adore him. 

I'm sure I've told you this before but he is a "family" friend (Kfogg drop) and he is the loveliest guy.

Obviously I fucking hate him but even so, he's really used his platform this tournament and everything he's said has been spot on.

13 minutes ago, Duke said:

I've been to one WSL game ever and had.to look up a lot of the players so as much as I'd love to be all "yes women's football! Finally equality" it's a bit hollow as I am a Johnny come lately myself but what a way to win the thing and what an atmosphere. Bloody brilliant

In fairness, that's a lot more qualification that 99% of the people talking up the game at the moment. For the sake of the players I hope that this really does lead to some sort of progress and giving them at least reasonable conference crowds week in week out which is an improvement from what we're generally seeing. It's pretty cheap so if you've got a reasonable team near you it's relatively easy to do, which admittedly at the moment isn't going to be easy with 12 teams in the WSL, largely split between London, Manchester and Liverpool, I'm sure they'd take people just tuning in to the games on tv at a starting point but when the WSL kicks off again I'd still expect the lunchtime part of Super Sunday between Brentford and Forest to be "more attractive" in a lot of viewers minds.