The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I don’t know if these signing announcement videos are getting better or worse.

I can’t wait to see De Jongs forced smile when we finally get him. But I can expect a prison escape video if does come to us and eventually leaves. 

1 hour ago, stumobir said:

How much do you pay for a pack of those in your local Heron Foods?

Sorry, nvm, thought you were someone else. 

They’ve introduced surge pricing at Heron foods and implement it when a small, bald west midlander walks in. 

• Paid Members

Are Chelsea fans starting to get a bit concerned yet? I'm not talking about the result yesterday because pre-season results mean Jack (although Tuchel is very worried about how unprepared they are), but the squad for the coming and future seasons. 

Lukaku (who in fairness was crap) not replaced, is Broja the answer? Two key defenders gone for free, more players could go, a few more out of contract next summer, Barca managing to hijack some of their biggest targets. Doesn't seem to be a plan with their squad building, but then again their owner has gone all Niall Quinn and given himself all of the jobs as most of their key figures are going/gone.

Still, the world's best Chelsea fan Frank Khalid is trying to rally the fans together, so I'm sure they'll be fine. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Still, the world's best Chelsea fan Frank Khalid is trying to rally the fans together, so I'm sure they'll be fine. 

Who is that guy? Every time something about football is trending his stupid fucking mug in that crap avatar is there somewhere near the top. He's as thick as pig shit as well.

• Paid Members

I hate that avatar, it bothers me because it looks absolutely nothing like him. Likewise, he's everywhere whenever I see something about football. He apparently owns and runs a restaurant, god knows how when he's tweeting about Chelsea all day long. I genuinely wonder whether these kind of accounts are real or club-controlled propaganda accounts.

• Paid Members

We never look fit at this point in pre-season. I complain about it every year. The later start was understandable this time due to the ridiculous physical demand put on our players last year, but just three games played before this weekend is pretty pathetic. There'll hopefully be a couple of BCD games squeezed in. I don't think we've had a good pre-season since Mourinho's last title winning one tbh. This one:

John_Terry_and_Diego_Costa_fighting_Chelseas_masseur.gif.021588d48288997a076af89cc200665b.gif

I've seen a few people say the transfer targets look scattershot, I can't see it. We need CBs and versatile attackers, we've missed out on some and went for others. The boardroom structure is obviously chaotic right now, how could it not be?

I hope Colwill and Broja are involved. Both club and players seem pretty iffy on it though. I'd question the pubes of both if they don't fancy their chances in this team, especially Broja with no other proper striker in the squad. Look at Gallagher, ready to fight amongst much stronger competition for a spot, or Chalobah (who I had down as a no-hoper at this stage last year) too, if they already think they're above fighting for a spot here they won't make it.

Khalid's entire gimmick is @ing players he's met (spoiler: it's everyone, ever) and posting the photos of it every few hours. He doesn't represent Chelsea fans, he's not Nigerian!