Daniel Bryan's WWE contract has legitimately expired.

Supremo

Obviously Bryan to AEW is the most exciting thing he can do. I imagine he would be paid pretty well there and have a very light schedule. It also allows him to do Japan etc.

Bryan's done everything in WWE. Even when they've fucked up with him (which is a lot) he's managed to get himself back over because the guy is great.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

I would think they recognise Daniel Bryan as a potential game changer, so they’d be willing to pay him tonnes just to not go to AEW.

46 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I do wonder who's on Vince's list of 'don't you fucking dare let them go anywhere else' (in a wrestling capacity) vs what fans would expect. Obviously Lesnar is right up there but who else? Roman? Cena? The Rock? I do wonder how many he'd legitimately do anything to keep on board. I would think it's a pretty small list really.

Yeah. This is the same Vince who didn’t give a fuck about the likelihood of Kurt Angle going to TNA when they let him go. There are barely any game changers if you don’t consider the other side a threat and I have no doubt Vince thinks Elite is basically a few kids pissing about on YouTube plus Jericho. Most wrestlers leaving for Elite would be met with a “Oh, best of luck to you then” attitude unless they’re the absolute biggest merch sellers. “The show is the draw” ambition where nobody is expendable draws ever closer to fruition. I doubt ANY talent is weighed up by what they give to another promotion as opposed to what WWE lose by letting them go. Bryan had one break recently between June and October, I doubt they see him as indispensable to the show. Sadly.

• Paid Members

WWE have very rarely pushed Bryan as a major indispensable player in his run there so while I'm sure they're offering him a ton of cash to resign I genuinely don't think Vince will care that much if he fucks off somewhere else. This is a company whose first thought after his heroic return from career ending injury was "let's use him to get Big Cass over".

• Paid Members

I get a bit exasperated with this clamour for every wrestler under the sun to sign with AEW, but on this occasion surely AEW and Daniel Bryan is a match that makes perfect sense? Still a big enough platform but also the freedom to tick off a few items off that bucket list in other promotions.

I have no interest in him in AEW. This post will contain a lotta personal bias, but to me he’s played the IWC like a fiddle for years. He took the money, got used to it then has used this “desire “ to go do shitty indies as a way to get a better deal. Fair play to him. He could have went elsewhere before and hasn’t, wwe will overpay him to stay, someone else will get sacked to make his pay up, and he will live happily ever after. 

Bryan's my favourite wrestler and has been since the early 00's. I gave up on all WWE a couple of years ago and PC Mania last year was my only lapse, purely from morbid curiosity. There's nothing in wrestling I want more than to see Bryan wrestle again, somewhere I wouldn't feel dirty watching him.

That said, if the rumours that WWE cleared/resigned him largely to keep him off All-In have any basis in fact I reckon he could basically name his terms with them. 

Free Agency or AEW are the dreams but I reckon reality will once again crush those and He'll be comfortably in a WWE office job/Part time role by the time I've finished typing this!

• Paid Members

I’m not sure I buy the idea that Vince would let Bryan go without a fight. A couple of weeks ago? Maybe. But after that Jericho interview blew up in his face and AEW started flirting with over a million viewers semi-regularly without NXT as competition? I’d be stunned if that hasn’t spooked him. You don’t want the competition being within a couple of hundred thousand viewers as Raw when they get paid a fraction of what you do. At some point, someone important is going to start asking questions.

I don’t know why I torture myself seeking out these old clips and coming up with theoretical scenarios but man alive. I’d be over the moon to have this guy cutting promos with Best Friends and wrestling Orange Cassidy, trying to make each other corpse.

I'd like to see him just sign with AEW for 6 months or something, then maybe do a handful of indy shows/Japan/Mexico then go back to WWE with the agreement he will also/only do NXT or something.   If he signed a short term deal with AEW then WWE would no doubt give him whatever he wants to come back at the end of it.

4 hours ago, Supremo said:

I’m not sure I buy the idea that Vince would let Bryan go without a fight. A couple of weeks ago? Maybe. But after that Jericho interview blew up in his face 

Has there been any feedback from Vince about it? Or are we just assuming it helped their ratings and he won't be happy about it?

So apparently someone called Fightful Inc (not idea who they are) reckon that tonight’s Dynamite is on track to secure a viewership of 1.3million. What they’ve based that on and how they’ve come to that conclusion seems to be a complete mystery, but you’ve got to be thinking that AEW or hopeful of drawing in or around the1million mark.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

15 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

So apparently someone called Fightful Inc (not idea who they are) reckon that tonight’s Dynamite is on track to secure a viewership of 1.3million. What they’ve based that on and how they’ve come to that conclusion seems to be a complete mystery, but you’ve got to be thinking that AEW or hopeful of drawing in or around the1million mark.

I guess based on recent performances 1.1 million is decent for a normal show, and if they're running unopposed (no big sports or politics stuff) then 1.3 million sounds like a fairly realistic bump.

Or they've just pulled it out of their arses like most things.

• Paid Members

Obligatory "What's Brian Danielson doing in the Impact Zone?" post.

• Moderators

I'm just amazed people would rather see Daniel Bryan get kicked in the head by Omega when a few years ago people worried about him and sent crocodile tears when he retired. 

Now, what I want to see is the kind of shite Bryan did vs Kamala or on Saturday Morning Slam.

I would pay all the money in the world to watch him in All Star vs a Jim Diehard or Welsh Wrestling vs Big Dog doing fun spots. Or Doug Williams is out of retirement, those two for a few rounds again. 

I'd love a farewell tour like Dick Togo's years back, before settling into part time with WWE. 

Edited by PowerButchi