Daniel Bryan's WWE contract has legitimately expired.

Supremo

• Moderators
13 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

WWE have very rarely pushed Bryan as a major indispensable player in his run there so while I'm sure they're offering him a ton of cash to resign I genuinely don't think Vince will care that much if he fucks off somewhere else. This is a company whose first thought after his heroic return from career ending injury was "let's use him to get Big Cass over".

To be fair, during that feud Big Cass got released, and Bryan later on ended up working in creative. 

Edited by PowerButchi

• Moderators
13 hours ago, air_raid said:

. I doubt ANY talent is weighed up by what they give to another promotion as opposed to what WWE lose by letting them go. Bryan had one break recently between June and October, I doubt they see him as indispensable to the show. Sadly.

The only reason Cesaro is worth a fuck now is because of Daniel Bryan. I doubt they see him as indespensable, but no one is, and I'll be amazed if he won't be able to make his own terms. 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Now, what I want to see is the kind of shite Bryan did vs Kamala or on Saturday Morning Slam.

That Saturday Morning Slam thing was the match with Tyson Kidd where he rolled himself up in a ball? That was genius, and properly fun for all the family. As I get older I'm less drawn to the "edgy" shite so I would definitely watch him doing more of that sort of thing.

The thing about AEW and NJPW is that they'll let you do something stupid if you want to. 

The WWE are more reluctant to let you to do something stupid even if that's not exactly for altruistic reasons. 

Barring Khan whacking down enormous  money I'd say he'll get a handy part time contract (with option of Japan/Mexico/UK if he wants) and stick about the fed. He's a smart lad and knows where his bread is buttered.  

Unrelated, but has anyone noticed Bryan is featured on the coca cola TV ads?  Thought I was seeing things, but he's doing his yes point thing at the very start of it.

Edited by DCW

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, mim731 said:

That Saturday Morning Slam thing was the match with Tyson Kidd where he rolled himself up in a ball? That was genius, and properly fun for all the family. As I get older I'm less drawn to the "edgy" shite so I would definitely watch him doing more of that sort of thing.

IIRC, there was an (off-screen) rule of no blows to the head on that show because of the time slot and a general principle of "nothing that kids could copy and get crippled." Some guys struggled to adjust and Bryan just went "Butlins-style it is, then."

• Paid Members
On 5/5/2021 at 12:31 PM, garynysmon said:

I get a bit exasperated with this clamour for every wrestler under the sun to sign with AEW, but on this occasion surely AEW and Daniel Bryan is a match that makes perfect sense? Still a big enough platform but also the freedom to tick off a few items off that bucket list in other promotions.

I want to see him wrestle Josh Alexander. 

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, JNLister said:

IIRC, there was an (off-screen) rule of no blows to the head on that show because of the time slot and a general principle of "nothing that kids could copy and get crippled." Some guys struggled to adjust and Bryan just went "Butlins-style it is, then."

That makes sense. In fairness it was all the better for it. I would happily watch more matches in that style. 

On 5/5/2021 at 9:49 AM, Supremo said:

I would think they recognise Daniel Bryan as a potential game changer, so they’d be willing to pay him tonnes just to not go to AEW.  

John Cena, The Rock and *maybe* Brock Lesnar are the only game changers in wrestling today.

Absolutely anyone else might get some extra viewers for AEW but only one of those 3 and particularly Rock/Cena are game changers.

Rock/Cena will never be in AEW and Brock is hugely unlikely.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

John Cena, The Rock and *maybe* Brock Lesnar are the only game changers in wrestling today.

Absolutely anyone else might get some extra viewers for AEW but only one of those 3 and particularly Rock/Cena are game changers.

Rock/Cena will never be in AEW and Brock is hugely unlikely.

I'd say that, from the outside, Batista could be too, now that he's more visible in the mainstream from his film and TV work. Nowhere near the level of Rock/Cena, but he would bring extra visibility, I think.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I'd say that, from the outside, Batista could be too, now that he's more visible in the mainstream from his film and TV work. Nowhere near the level of Rock/Cena, but he would bring extra visibility, I think.

AEW have got more chance of signing Big Boss Man then getting Batista to return to getting back into wrestling after his WM swansong. 

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

AEW have got more chance of signing Big Boss Man then getting Batista to return to getting back into wrestling after his WM swansong. 

Oh, I'm not saying it would happen. Just that he's the only other person in wrestling right now who could probably be a game-changer, to a lesser degree.

• Awards Moderator
5 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Oh, I'm not saying it would happen. Just that he's the only other person in wrestling right now who could probably be a game-changer, to a lesser degree.

Genuine question - did his WWE comeback a couple of years ago make any difference to ratings or media attention or anything? I can't remember it being as impactful as I'd have expected considering it was right around Avengers Endgame.