WWE Fastlane 2021

RIDDUM_N_STYLE

Also worth saying that though the build for Mania this year is *abysmal*, there is actually the potential for some really good matches tonight.

Drew/Sheamus, silly finishes aside, have great fun meaty men brawls, Rollins/Nakamura could be good if the right Nakamura shows up and Bryan/Roman should be tremendous. 

Riddle/Ali and Big E/Apollo could be fun too!

So Shane Vs Braun is no longer on the card for tonight

If there's no appearance from Lesnar either tonight or on Raw tomorrow then we can assume he's off the card for Mania this year. At this point I struggle to see who he could actually have a match with, unless he's shoehorned into the Lashley/McIntyre setup.

2 hours ago, Perry said:

So Shane Vs Braun is no longer on the card for tonight

If there's no appearance from Lesnar either tonight or on Raw tomorrow then we can assume he's off the card for Mania this year. At this point I struggle to see who he could actually have a match with, unless he's shoehorned into the Lashley/McIntyre setup.

There’s been absolutely zero indication or reports that Lesnar will be at Mania, he’s based in Canada which has a strict travel restriction due to COVID

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

There’s been absolutely zero indication or reports that Lesnar will be at Mania, he’s based in Canada which has a strict travel restriction due to COVID

https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/health-safety/travel-health-notices/221

It would appear if Lesnar was happy to fly directly to Florida (where there is no quarantine rule) it's not so much an issue getting there as a pretty strict quarantine getting back, unless I've missed something in the regs. 

Probably a moot point as I doubt Lesnar is in the plans, but not impossible I suppose. 

9 minutes ago, mim731 said:

https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/health-safety/travel-health-notices/221

It would appear if Lesnar was happy to fly directly to Florida (where there is no quarantine rule) it's not so much an issue getting there as a pretty strict quarantine getting back, unless I've missed something in the regs. 

Probably a moot point as I doubt Lesnar is in the plans, but not impossible I suppose. 

Lesnar is one of their biggest stars, he’s always in the plans. Whether those plans come off and he agrees to them or not is a different matter, but he’s always in the plans.

Decent little card on paper for tonight, it could pull off a surprise yet, but I would imagine that what we expect to happen will happen. I hope to god Nakamura turns up and makes an effort, he’s done fuck all for nearly 3 years now.

Hoping for something really good from Reigns and Bryan based on previous encounters, and I reckon that Big E v Apollo Crews could be quite good if given 10 minutes or so

• Paid Members

People love The Fiend and Bliss don't they? It's always trending after every show. Something else I just don't get. Think I must be the only person in the world who likes the Funhouse character more. The Fiend jumped the shark long ago. 

I like Bray, always have. Seems a switched on guy, good talker, different look. Wish he'd be involved in less stuff that's shite.

The Bliss part is awful. Solely aimed at knicker sniffers? They bloody love it on social media. Can't really blame the company for appealing to their demo but it's garbage. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

People love The Fiend and Bliss don't they? It's always trending after every show. Something else I just don't get. Think I must be the only person in the world who likes the Funhouse character more. The Fiend jumped the shark long ago. 

I like Bray, always have. Seems a switched on guy, good talker, different look. Wish he'd be involved in less stuff that's shite.

The Bliss part is awful. Solely aimed at knicker sniffers? They bloody love it on social media. Can't really blame the company for appealing to their demo but it's garbage. 

💯 agree with you. The love the angle gets baffles me. Saw multiple people, pre event say with Alexa involved,  it’s the greatest storyline in wrestling. It can only be perverts that think this surely?

because of the early start time, I watched live. The main event was great until the end. A typical WWE show really in hindsight. The aforementioned Alexa/Randy “match” was awful as was the inevitable new, new fiend outfit. And the commentary during it was awful. Drew and Seamus had a good-un, but hoping it draws a line under it. And what was the ending in the Big E match?

Main event was good until the end. Logic suggests they have to be going triple threat, but the commentators seemed to be laying it on thick that it was Roman/Edge now and you just never fucking know with this company.

They may well go Bryan/Uso, with Jimmy returning.

If live fans aren’t drunk on ‘yay we’re free’ good will, they’ll shit all over Edge/Roman.

Drew/Sheamus was fun.

The Fiend looking like a sewer dwelling Max Moon was crap. The whole segment was just bullshit. Bray Wyatt isn’t untalented, but if you drew up a list of the ten worst things ever to be shown on wrestling TV, he’d take up at least half the spots. Utter garbage.

Why does everyone talk so much when they’re wrestling? It’s every match now. Are they that worried by the current rosters storytelling abilities that they’re literally making them talk us through their motivations and intentions? Awful.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

16 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

If live fans aren’t drunk on ‘yay we’re free’ good will, they’ll shit all over Edge/Roman.

I'm not sure they would. I just can't see them shitting all over Roman, given how brilliant he's been since his return. They certainly shouldn't, anyway. I think it's more likely that we'd see Roman be received like a mega-babyface, and Edge would end up being heavily booed. You might get the odd "Daniel Bryan" chant in there - but overall, I think people would back Roman and reject Edge, which, if nothing else, would create an interesting dynamic. 

14 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I'm not sure they would. I just can't see them shitting all over Roman, given how brilliant he's been since his return. They certainly shouldn't, anyway. I think it's more likely that we'd see Roman be received like a mega-babyface, and Edge would end up being heavily booed. You might get the odd "Daniel Bryan" chant in there - but overall, I think people would back Roman and reject Edge, which, if nothing else, would create an interesting dynamic. 

But I’d consider that a different form of shitting all over it. Maybe it’s not all boo’s, but if they’re fundamentally rejecting the story then that’s still crap.

That match needs Daniel Bryan now, it needs someone the audience can non defiantly, uncynically and Unironically root for.

That said, if they STILL exclude Bryan from the main event, I think the likely result is just boo city.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz