Hall of Fame 2020/21

RIDDUM_N_STYLE

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Bit mad that he wasn’t put with the NWO for the 2020 class but glad to see he is getting a solo induction, more than deserves it for being one of the rare few to date to challenge Vince head on

Dixie to go in next year then, I’d imagine. 

When wrestlers and fans keep pushing for a certain talent to be inducted into the HoF on social media it makes it look like they were forced into choosing them. A bit like when Davey Boy was finally announced for the HoF after his daughter and others campaigned on twitter for years about it, in the end it was like Vince finally gave in. We all know that guys like Davey and Lex should've been inducted years ago.

The whole "announcing it to the inductees" as a surprise has to be a work, surely? There's been people that have refused the honour before. Someone like Molly, who has worked with WWE a good amount in recent times, was probably a safe bet, but Bischoff, given his relatively recent firing and appearances on AEW, might have been a bit shakier. How embarrassing would it be if Eric turned around and said, "Actually, I don't want to be part of that"? 

4 hours ago, Perry said:

Was it the Honky Tonk Man that said he'd finally took them up on their offer because the money was decent for the sake of a 20 minute speech.  Makes you wonder how many of them went in for the honur or the money.

They'd be an idiot for the honor of being given a ring and a plaque by a nutter who decided to book an angle on TV around your character choosing to not take a dick and the temerity to have a woman's actual arse. 

Edited by Chili

14 hours ago, Shane O' Mac Version 2 said:

The whole "announcing it to the inductees" as a surprise has to be a work, surely? There's been people that have refused the honour before. Someone like Molly, who has worked with WWE a good amount in recent times, was probably a safe bet, but Bischoff, given his relatively recent firing and appearances on AEW, might have been a bit shakier. How embarrassing would it be if Eric turned around and said, "Actually, I don't want to be part of that"? 

Yes, surely an appearance fee has to be negotiated, whether they actually want to be inducted and appear etc.   Molly Holly, Eric Bischoff....surely they most know before they're "told".   Also I think now when someone a bit unexpected is announced to appear on one of their shows next week, we'll be able to assume they're going to be announced for the HOF as it seems that's how they're doing it this year, rather than "first reported by ESPN News" or whatever toss they've done in previous years.

On 3/19/2021 at 4:19 PM, The Dart said:

Also I think now when someone a bit unexpected is announced to appear on one of their shows next week, we'll be able to assume they're going to be announced for the HOF as it seems that's how they're doing it this year, rather than "first reported by ESPN News" or whatever toss they've done in previous years.

"WWE has announced that Kurt Angle, Rey Mysterio, Kane and Victoria will be on this Wednesday's episode of The Bump"

So, I predict Kane or Victoria will be announced for the HOF this week.

• Paid Members

Really pleased that Eric Bischoff is going into the Hall of Fame. He put WCW on the map when no one expected him to following the departure of Bill Watts and came up with the whole nWo concept. I think he was a great on screen performer as well, he was superb as a dickhead heel authority figure. I feel he was somewhat creatively spent when he arrived in TNA, though that doesn't take away the excellent work he did before that. 

I'm guessing this is another year where I make my "when will they induct Rick Martel?" post in vain. 

Honestly, is there anyone else of his stature from that era who's not in yet? What the actual fuck is going on? It's not as if he's on bad terms with the company, is it?