Hall of Fame 2020/21

RIDDUM_N_STYLE

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, The Dart said:

Sure I read that they offered it to him and he refused it.

You're right, this is quoting Brother Love:

“Well, you know what? I asked about Rick last time we were in Montreal. And I believe that Rick has been approached about being in the Hall of Fame. I don’t know that for a fact, so I may be speaking out of my ass here. But I asked why Rick doesn’t come around, and why we don’t hear about Rick. And I was told that Rick is out of the business and has no desire to do anything in the business whatsoever. That part of his life is over, and I think he does real estate now, and manages stuff and buys real estate, and that’s it. It’s not that he’s bitter or anything like that, just that he’s moved on and doesn’t want to revisit that part of his life. So I think that Rick Martel is definitely Hall of Fame-worthy, and again when you talk about really good guys, Rick Martel is in that class too. Because he just — you’d find some people hard pressed to find anybody saying anything [negative] about Martel.”

Looked like it had more to do with Taker's words rather than knowing he was going into the HoF.  It's a bit like This Is Your Life when most of the time they pretended to look all surprised when Aspel would walk in with the big red book.

Are they planning on doing the HoF as a 2 nighter also?  This thing is going to go 10 hours.

Edited by Perry

From all accounts he’s one of the most well liked guys to ever work there so it’s lovely he seems so happy. It’s weird that we just accept him as a guy in a suit now though! He’s not Kane anymore.   He’s just Glen that sometimes wears a daft wig.

But for all the useless geeks that go in the HOF, he’s definitely a real inductee. He was a fucking megastar back when wrestling was a thing. I think we took it for granted but,  watching old videos, he was more over than anyone in the company now by a million miles.

23 minutes ago, Perry said:

Looked like it had more to do with Taker's words rather than knowing he was going into the HoF.  It's a bit like This Is Your Life when most of the time they pretended to look all surprised when Aspel would walk in with the big red book.

Are they planning on doing the HoF as a 2 nighter also?  This thing is going to go 10 hours.

It’s getting taped next week I believe, all of the Mania week TV bar NXT (which will still be live) and NXTUK, which is already in the bank, is to give the roster a week in a bubble to prepare for Mania

On 3/21/2021 at 6:35 PM, The Dart said:

"WWE has announced that Kurt Angle, Rey Mysterio, Kane and Victoria will be on this Wednesday's episode of The Bump"

So, I predict Kane or Victoria will be announced for the HOF this week.

If I could predict it, surely Kane could have predicted it.   Maybe he thought they'd just be announcing Victoria.   Makes you wonder what's going through Victoria's mind now.

5 minutes ago, The Dart said:

If I could predict it, surely Kane could have predicted it.   Maybe he thought they'd just be announcing Victoria.   Makes you wonder what's going through Victoria's mind now.

That they’ve already hit their woman quota?

5 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

That they’ve already hit their woman quota?

When I predicted Kane/Victoria would be the next inductee I was going to put it'll more likely be Kane as they're probably not going to have 2 women from the same era, or even, 2 women at all, in the same class.   I thought I'd get guff on here for saying that though, so I stuck with predicting either of them.

38 minutes ago, The Dart said:

When I predicted Kane/Victoria would be the next inductee I was going to put it'll more likely be Kane as they're probably not going to have 2 women from the same era, or even, 2 women at all, in the same class.   I thought I'd get guff on here for saying that though, so I stuck with predicting either of them.

Well there’s not many examples of wwe veering from their one woman and one dead person quota so I can’t see people arguing with it to be honest. It’s stupid but it’s just one of their weird patterns.

• Paid Members

I know discussing criteria for going in is total bollocks, but on the scale of guys like Rikishi and Godfather getting in for “being over for a bit during the last boom” then Kane going in is completely merited. That run of match-cancelling walk ins where he annihilated the Hardys in their plaid jobber leggings, Ahmed, Flash Funk and Dude Love was some of the most effective introductory booking/writing of the late 90s.