Hall of Fame 2020/21

RIDDUM_N_STYLE

WWE announced earlier on their web show The Bump that they are doing a mega Hall of Fame show on the Tuesday before Mania, airing live on Peacock in the US and WWE Network here and elsewhere. The show will feature last year’s scheduled class, including British Bulldog, JBL and Jushin Liger as well as this year’s class.

They also announced the first inductee for this year, in a really sweet live surprise by Shane Helms, as Molly Holly

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

They also announced the first inductee for this year, in a really sweet live surprise by Shane Helms, as Molly Holly

My brain isn't working properly. I read this as Shane Helms is going in the hall of fame, but as Molly Holly. It isn't that is it?

• Paid Members
59 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

I really want to know what their criteria is for HoF inductees. Then again MCMahon's chauffeur is in it IIRC.

"McMahon's chauffeur" was James Dudley; the first African-American to run a major US arena, who had been part of the Capitol Wrestling promotion before it even became the WWWF, one of the only people to have worked with Jess McMahon, Vince Sr and Vince Jr., as well as working as a manager. The only reason he ever worked as a chauffeur is because Vince wanted to ensure he stayed on the payroll long after his retirement.

Frankly, the Hall of Fame would be better for acknowledging more people like him, not fewer. The "Vince's limo driver" criticism was always bullshit.

Wonder will WWE include the fairly awful footage of them slagging Molly off for having a big arse, being ugly and generally not being a blonde fake tit merchant (which Lawler clearly enjoyed doing on commentary in 02/03) in her HOF promo package.

1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

My brain isn't working properly. I read this as Shane Helms is going in the hall of fame, but as Molly Holly. It isn't that is it?

No lol, they had both Shane and Molly on The Bump via Zoom call and Shane gave Molly the news right there and then, she had no clue it was coming

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Bettencourt said:

Imagine attempting such a joke on Mother's day of all days.

I'll be fine over here because he ain't gettin' on no plane, no matter how much he may pity me.

2 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Quite surprising. Well deserved but thought WWE might ignore him for a bit after his AEW involvement. They've been more childish.

If anyone should be sour it's Eric. They fucked him over on that Smackdown deal.