Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"McMahon's chauffeur" was James Dudley; the first African-American to run a major US arena, who had been part of the Capitol Wrestling promotion before it even became the WWWF, one of the only people

If not true, he was an utter cunt. 

Hogan can hear crowd noise that even the TV audience can’t!

Posted Images

  • Paid Members

The celebrity wing throws up a few oddities. “Appeared once or twice” and “says yes to the invite” are probably the only requirements. I’d make a joke about “Probably get Pam Anderson in next year” but she’s obviously ruled out by the Chyna rule. Can’t have impressionable kiddies putting her name into Bing, can we?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, air_raid said:

The celebrity wing throws up a few oddities. “Appeared once or twice” and “says yes to the invite” are probably the only requirements. I’d make a joke about “Probably get Pam Anderson in next year” but she’s obviously ruled out by the Chyna rule. Can’t have impressionable kiddies putting her name into Bing, can we?

To be fair, Pam didn't intend to make a legit porno for the wider audience unlike Chyna.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
On 3/10/2021 at 7:10 PM, BomberPat said:

"McMahon's chauffeur" was James Dudley; the first African-American to run a major US arena, who had been part of the Capitol Wrestling promotion before it even became the WWWF, one of the only people to have worked with Jess McMahon, Vince Sr and Vince Jr., as well as working as a manager. The only reason he ever worked as a chauffeur is because Vince wanted to ensure he stayed on the payroll long after his retirement.

Frankly, the Hall of Fame would be better for acknowledging more people like him, not fewer. The "Vince's limo driver" criticism was always bullshit.

I know this was posted a month ago, but I also just thought the guy was Vince's driver. Very interesting giving him a google after reading this.

I think doubling up this year is a bad move. There's too many people in already and some of those were wasted opportunities. Foley was 4th on the sheet and barely scraped into the TV show when he was inducted. He'd be an easy main event inductee today. 3/4 person limit, plenty of time for speeches and doesn't lead to a 3 hour show which everyone moans about having to sit through.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
8 hours ago, Perry said:

To be fair, Pam didn't intend to make a legit porno for the wider audience unlike Chyna.

To be fair, you still find out about it even if the first link you click is her wiki entry.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The structure of the Hall Of Fame has always been weird. They should really just have 4 a year. As someone said, the year Foley went in he was so far down the list it was ridiculous. No idea why they needed to double up this year either.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They taped the 2020 class last night and will tape the 2021 class on Thursday night. Both classes will stream on Tuesday 6th April. 

On a side note, it looked like Davey Smith Jr went as Don Johnson last night

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...