Hall of Fame 2020/21

RIDDUM_N_STYLE

5 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

The Legacy wing has become the most baffling aspect of an already pretty confusing Hall of Fame - it made sense as a way to induct people like George Hackenschmidt and Dara Singh, who have no one to really accept the induction on their behalf, or people like Bruiser Brody who never really worked for WWE and who deserve to be in but they don't want to draw attention to. But Brickhouse Brown?

And Dr. Death went in this year. How is he a "legacy wing" candidate when Davey Boy just got inducted, and Davey Boy started wrestling before Steve Williams did, and stopped wrestling (and died) before him too? 

WWE are just trying to play the "we're a legit Hall of Fame" card with the legacy wing but the guys in there don't do the viewing numbers that JBL. But the smart ones don't fall for it. 

My favourite thing about the WWE HoF is those who fall for it and do the "well done" BS for someone who got selected by Vince when he was in a good mood. 

Luna Vachon always seemed the most baffling ‘Legacy’ inductee to me in terms of when they were around wrestling.

Suppose it works as a way to induct dead people that would otherwise be a bit awkward, like Luna or Brody. Surprised that’s not the route they went down with Bulldog in the end really. 

• Paid Members

I understand Bulldog going in on his own, but I honestly thought that when they put Neidhart in as part of the Hart Foundation that they would just expand it to the '97 version in order to quietly slip Bulldog, Pillman and Owen in without drawing too much attention to them specifically. 

It’s nice some people are giving them the benefit of the doubt and saying it’s just an honest mistake. But I think most people know what really happened. They couldn’t find footage of her so they decided to find old footage of a black woman wrestling and just pretend it was the right one because no one will know the difference. As long as she was black and the footage looked old, that’s enough. And some people wonder why so many hate this company.

1 hour ago, Yakashi said:

It’s nice some people are giving them the benefit of the doubt and saying it’s just an honest mistake. But I think most people know what really happened. They couldn’t find footage of her so they decided to find old footage of a black woman wrestling and just pretend it was the right one because no one will know the difference. As long as she was black and the footage looked old, that’s enough. And some people wonder why so many hate this company.

Probably outsourced it to Hogan.

1 minute ago, Jimmyjokerz said:

I mean, it is the wwe half of fame etc etc, but buzz sawyer?! Haven’t heard one person say one positive thing about him - supposed to be an absolute arsehole 

I really wouldn’t put any thought into it. It’s a tv show to fill time. It’s just content. When I see the wrestlers react with tears of joy about it....I just can’t believe they don’t know what it is. I don’t see how they can look at who is in there and think it means anything.

3 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

I really wouldn’t put any thought into it. It’s a tv show to fill time. It’s just content. When I see the wrestlers react with tears of joy about it....I just can’t believe they don’t know what it is. I don’t see how they can look at who is in there and think it means anything.

It's still a well earned recognition for a lot of them after lengthy careers in front of their peers. I think it's fair for a lot of them to feel emotional about it. Its about as legitimate as you're going to get in a sports entertainment world.

• Paid Members

Someone in that company is definitely reading this thread.

Think The Fiend never had an enjoyable run and was immediately fast-tracked to the shitty part of Kane’s career? We’ll show you! Get me that stupid, “I’ve got burns, me,” towel to put on his head!

CBCECA02-D4F9-4A40-97C6-605C4335A0EF.png.af22e3162bb2d0973d509c03647e1d55.png

2 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

It's still a well earned recognition for a lot of them after lengthy careers in front of their peers. I think it's fair for a lot of them to feel emotional about it. Its about as legitimate as you're going to get in a sports entertainment world.

Yeah people should give them credit - its about the highest recognition in the industry you can get outside of winning the/a world title. And all that is at this point is vince giving you the nod anyway

Edit: and the black woman, no way they hoped no one would notice. They are just thick as pig shit. 

I hope

Edited by HeavyT

Wasn't the Hall of Fame basically WCW were doing it for Slamboree in May but Andre carked it and Vince was like 'Oh thank christ, I can fuck them here too now' and announced his. Not that it would damage WCW, but I'm sure that was even why it was created. 

Always hated the 'Koko's in there' argument for shit people though, on the grounds that Koko B. Ware wasn't shit and did exactly HIS job. 

If they find it an emotional experience getting accepted to the WWE HOF then good for them if they put the hours in and if they're long retired get treated pretty sweet for the weekend etc. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Chili said:

Always hated the 'Koko's in there' argument for shit people though, on the grounds that Koko B. Ware wasn't shit and did exactly HIS job. 

I’d have “the Bellas are in” now instead. They were crap. They were just as crap as all the rubbish women prior to the “Revolution!!11” if not worse, just pushed harder. They definitely were never innovators or pioneers of any kind despite the company rhetoric and neither of them had a single decent match.