Paul Big Show Wight signs with AEW

PowerButchi

1 hour ago, LCJ said:

Although long retired, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Mick Foley show up in AEW at some point. He’s been mentioning them a lot on Twitter recently.

On the whole commentators having sword like names Foley would certainly bring a Rapier element to the mix. I'll take a pun ban for that Butch. 

Foley will make noises and then accept a Tesco meal deal from Vince, or mr McMahon he was back calling him for some weird reason as he thought he’d hurt his feelings. At least frank the clown tagging along would make make Austin Gunn less annoying 

2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Daniel Bryan and Sami Zayn are both up in the Autumn. Not sure I'd be bothered about Zayn but Bryan would be the absolute dream signing.

Daniel Bryan would be a tremendous signing for them.

Aleister Black /Tommy End could be great too if he does ever get released from his WWE contract .

• Paid Members

Presumably Daniel's contract being up soon is why they've got him writing for Smackdown? Transition him into a writing/agent role. Imagine the matches he could put together given half a chance. 

• Paid Members

Daniel Bryan could really go either way - they're obviously transitioning him into a producer/creative role, as he's already been heavily involved in that side of things on Smackdown, and has thus far seemingly done a good job; the Smackdown Elimination Chamber had his fingerprints on it, and it was light years ahead of RAW's offering. 

It really depends from what he wants out of wrestling. If producing, training, helping other people put on their matches is something he's passionate enough about that he would be happy to continue doing that after his own in-ring career ends, then he'll stick with WWE for good. He's said in interviews that he can see this being his last run, but also that he wants to be like Terry Funk or Johnny Saint and keep wrestling into his 60s and 70s.

In a pre-AEW world, I'd say he'd put his family ahead of those ambitions and take the WWE money. But I keep thinking back to the interviews he was doing before WWE cleared him to return, when he talked about his ambitions to work with Atlantis in CMLL, and so on; about the opponents and opportunities that are there for him outside of WWE. I think he's someone who could really be swayed by the possibility of a range of fresh new matches, and of AEW being able to offer him a contract that would allow him to work elsewhere - if AEW were able to match WWE on money, or close to it, while also allowing him to work places like NJPW and AAA, or even just smaller independent shows, I can see that being a very attractive prospect for Bryan. And, obviously, a major acquisition for AEW - he's one of very few people that I think they would be justified in throwing straight into their main event scene in a major way and keeping him there. 

5 hours ago, TomJones233 said:

Bryan is probably slowly retiring. But he'd be a good get if they want a trainer for whatever NXT type thing they may want to set up

Don’t imagine he’s up for that. He said in his book that he was a lousy trainer at the ROH school.

14 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I remember people saying that Shawn would be good down at the PC, isn't everyone under him still having the same 23 near falls match?

Yeah, I had no idea Bryan was involved in creative and my first thought was fine, he's probably not going to do a bad job, but "Guy who can help the boys put together good matches" is so far down on the WWE's list of issues right now. I know he's not been trumpeted as some creative saviour in the slightest, but I bet there's elements of the fandom out there that will still cream over it as a prospect, much like Heyman taking over Raw awhile back. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Yeah, I had no idea Bryan was involved in creative and my first thought was fine, he's probably not going to do a bad job, but "Guy who can help the boys put together good matches" is so far down on the WWE's list of issues right now. I know he's not been trumpeted as some creative saviour in the slightest, but I bet there's elements of the fandom out there that will still cream over it as a prospect, much like Heyman taking over Raw awhile back. 

What ever happened with Heyman and Bischoff taking over RAW and SmackDown? It felt like they were announced as the new heads of the shows, and then two weeks later were fired.