Paul Big Show Wight signs with AEW

PowerButchi

Heyman lasted a while as Executive Director. Several months, before Vince made the change due to no sign of a turnaround and other Heyman quirks.

Bischoff never had any creative input on anything because they realised fast how useless he was - in one of his first meetings he had to ask who "The Man" was a reference to, and so he was benched until cut.

Vince should’ve been the one who went. Of course he’s most likely not going to leave voluntarily as his ego won’t allow it but the state of WWE in recent years tells me that Vince is the problem (and Moxley is right).

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, LCJ said:

Vince should’ve been the one who went. Of course he’s most likely not going to leave voluntarily as his ego won’t allow it but the state of WWE in recent years tells me that Vince is the problem (and Moxley is right).

WWE have posted huge profits. I’m now convinced they could book anything they wanted and still rake in the cash regardless. 

Vince will take this as his doing and be there until he dies.

• Paid Members

“Vince, the company is making the most money it’s ever had! TV revenue is up, media companies are willing to pay more for Network content than the Network could ever make organically in the same time period… I’m afraid it’s time for you to go.”

Television ratings are in the toilet and attendances were way down pre pandemic yet Vince is doing a great job because US TV companies are happy to pay way over the odds for what’s actually a very poor product right now? Be interesting to see what happens when the Fox deal expires.

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, LCJ said:

Television ratings are in the toilet and attendances were way down pre pandemic yet Vince is doing a great job because US TV companies are happy to pay way over the odds for what’s actually a very poor product right now? Be interesting to see what happens when the Fox deal expires.

Fox will give them even more money. They have produced the worst tv in a century, as you say the tv ratings are in the shittier.... Along comes peacock who gives them ridiculous amounts of money. 

You say Moxley was right? I’d say cm punk was right

“Vince McMahon is going to make money despite himself” 

Edited by quote the raven

3 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

Fox will give them even more money. 

Will they though? I was surprised WWE managed to get so much money out of Fox for the current deal. Fox must be out of their minds. It’s not deserved.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, LCJ said:

Will they though? I was surprised WWE managed to get so much money out of Fox for the current deal. Fox must be out of their minds. It’s not deserved.

Just look how much peacock gave them. 1 billion over 5 years..... 

Edited by quote the raven

3 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

Just look how much peacock gave them. 

I was surprised at that deal too although it is a lot of the back catalogue.

Edited by LCJ

• Paid Members

@LCJ I don’t really know what you’re trying to drive at? WWE is a for-profit company. Their goal is to make money. They might look at the quality of their output when that money starts to wane, but when companies like Fox and NBC are literally throwing billions at them, they’re not really going to have an incentive to up their game.

1 hour ago, LCJ said:

Course they’ll get as much, probably more. TV ratings are down everywhere in the States - sports, general TV, everything so don’t read anything in to that. In a world of DVRs and cord cutters, networks (especially Fox) are desperate for content that people watch ‘live’, and wrestling is one of those products. 

21 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

@LCJ I don’t really know what you’re trying to drive at? WWE is a for-profit company. Their goal is to make money. They might look at the quality of their output when that money starts to wane, but when companies like Fox and NBC are literally throwing billions at them, they’re not really going to have an incentive to up their game.

Vince fired Bischoff and demoted Paul Heyman, presumably because ratings weren’t high enough for Smackdown and Raw (or was it because he wanted Bruce where there’s no pushback?). Doesn’t everything have to get past Vince before it’s approved for TV? I said Vince should fire himself as he’s clearly out of touch and the product is suffering, yet people are saying he should stay because US TV Networks are stupid enough to pay through the nose for a terrible product.

1 hour ago, CavemanLynn said:

Fox is Republican, at least during the Trump reign. Vince is Republican. Is it a stretch to think the two might be looking after each other? Just circulating money among the cabal?

The thought did cross my mind. WWE didn’t get a TV deal anywhere nearly as good as the Fox deal before Vince’s friend Donald was president. Even during the Attitude Era when the business was huge and a lot more people were watching. It struck me as an obscene amount of money for a network to pay just for Smackdown (and Backstage that nobody watched). Especially when you consider that WWE have lost a lot of fans in recent years and that the product is frankly, crap. I get that ratings aren’t as important anymore with DVR and on demand but I was very surprised by the amount of money involved in the deal.

Edited by LCJ