Non Fans Comments

ReturnOfTheMack

• Paid Members

My mum loved Rick Rude when I used to watch Worldwide back in the early 90s. She came with me to the Real Event tour in 93 and thoroughly enjoyed his appearance. 

15 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

My mum loved Rick Rude when I used to watch Worldwide back in the early 90s. She came with me to the Real Event tour in 93 and thoroughly enjoyed his appearance. 

That reminds me of being at a TNA show in Manchester around 2010 or 2011, the one where Hogan had his last match. The woman behind us was there with her son and his pal who were about 8 or 9. She clearly hated it and when we were chatting she told us she'd only agreed to bring them because they said Randy Orton would be there.

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Watching the original TLC match and my wife walks in and watches a bit. 

"Why don't they just nash up the ladder instead of fucking about with this slow climbing shit." 

It's like cage matches, why not just have them both racing to climb over the cage fastest? 

My mum has always hated wrestling, which is tough as someone who is obsessed with it. My dad was never a big fan, but he did walk in one day when I was watching Unforgiven 2002 and got really drawn in to Angle vs. Benoit, because it was "more athletic". He took me to my first show a few days after WM21, just a house show in Sydney. As much as he wasn't into it to start, I noticed him getting more and more into the show and even bought himself a Batista shirt. So that was a cool memory. My dad's passed away now, and we didn't always have the greatest relationship, but that's by far the best memory I have with him.

8 hours ago, Joe Blog said:

Watching the original TLC match and my wife walks in and watches a bit. 

"Why don't they just nash up the ladder instead of fucking about with this slow climbing shit." 

My Dad used to always take the piss out of me for watching when I was younger but would quietly sit down for a bit and watch, especially if there were scantily clad ladies on the screen. I remember that although he never used to see anything in me watching he did consider the suitability of wrestling viewing on his son during the TLC match that happened on Smackdown in 2001 particularly when D'Von fell off the ladder and convulsed on the floor. He mentioned it to a few people following for a week or so. I'm glad I was watching the morning Sky One version as I think the uncut version would have caused a wrestling ban until "JBL is poopy" when I was 22! 

Most Fridays I used to watch Smackdown at 10, so my dad after having a couple of drinks would go bed about 10.30 so I had to listen to him complain about 'How they always talk at the beginning for 20 minutes' or if someone goes for a top rope move 'It's going to end in disaster'. Plus the fact he thought the women's wrestlers were utter shite just caps it off. 

My dad also listens to Talksport and last year he knew The Undertaker was retiring because they were talking about it on there which was slightly odd, my dad thought he retired in 2010 though.

Me and my brother would also go my nans on Saturdays with tapes off last night's Raw and she knows of Mr. Mcmahon, Undertaker, Rock, Austin still.  

When I brought my first adult girlfriend back to my flat she saw a poster of a bloody Mick Foley on my bedroom wall and asked me all about it. She then drops to her knees, fetches out my very eager young chap and starts sorting him out. I'm approaching Puro and she suddenly stops, gets up and says "As long as you've got that shit on your walls, that's the furthest you're getting with me." and left. Needless to say, for the next few years, wrestling became a very clandestine interest of mine.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, King Coconut said:

She then drops to her knees, fetches out my very eager young chap and starts sorting him out. I'm approaching Puro and she suddenly stops, gets up and says "As long as you've got that shit on your walls, that's the furthest you're getting with me." and left.

But... you discovered edging that day. So a lesson well taught