The Conor McGregor thread 2.0

David

Yeah I have very little interest in seeing a 2 hour documentary on him. I can't even get past a 2 minute Youtube/Twitter video of him anymore.

The only intrigue I have in the documentary is the fact he hasn't won since January 2020 which was more than 3 years ago, how do they do a 2 hour documentary on him and then end it on a positive note? That's my only intrigue, but I won't be watching. I might change my mind if all of you say it is must see TV,

10 hours ago, Zebra Kid Mark said:

Yeah I have very little interest in seeing a 2 hour documentary on him. I can't even get past a 2 minute Youtube/Twitter video of him anymore.

The only intrigue I have in the documentary is the fact he hasn't won since January 2020 which was more than 3 years ago, how do they do a 2 hour documentary on him and then end it on a positive note? That's my only intrigue, but I won't be watching. I might change my mind if all of you say it is must see TV,

Voice over - "Conor has now put his troubles inside and outside the octagon behind him, and is ready for the next stage of his career. Being the best dad". Cut to Conor playing with his kids whilst his wife looks on.

Some bollocks like that I'd expect. Or Conor just chatting his normal shite saying he is healed now and ready to get his belts back.

• Paid Members

My wife and I watched the first few episodes last night. It's not bad. You can see why he still has his fans. If you don't follow the news closely and realise what a horrible prick he's become, he still has that insane level of charisma and can be very interesting to watch and listen to. There's some fascinating footage in there as well, like everyone's reactions straight after the Khabib fight/brawl.

Anyone with any level of media literacy can see how it's wildly edited in his favour though. No surprise given he's produced it himself, but it's still jarring if you know the stories. There are small hints and references to, "dark times," that his team denounces, and him, "going down the wrong path," but if you didn't know better you'd just think he was having a few drinks or not focusing on the correct diet. You’d never realise they’re referring to the endless cycle of him cheating on his wife, punching pensioners, mixing it up with gangsters and accusations of assault, indecent exposure and rape.

At one point he puts himself down for losing focus, and, “not waking up when I planned.” What he fails to mention is that was probably the morning after he was filmed coked out of his mind in a tree house in Liverpool.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

I can’t even stomach listening to him now at all. You know on Twitter how you scroll through and videos will be playing but there’s no sound unless you click on it? Saw this as I was scrolling the timeline earlier…

image.gif.5b96f8c621725202cfb8c4e091023395.gif

That’s enough for me. His interviews somehow annoy me now even when I can’t hear him. I hate the way he talks now. If you’d told me that 10 years ago I’d never believe you. Back then if I saw a McGregor interview I’d be clicking on it without even reading the title of the video or knowing the subject. I’m just so turned off and done with this prick now though. Can’t be doing with him. I know too much about him now and everything that was once likeable about him is either gone or it’s been warped and soured by him becoming more and more of a cunt year on year. I’m at the point now where the only thing I watch of McGregor is when he fights. I’ve got no interest in hearing him talk about anything ever again.

I did see that he’s saying now that the Chandler fight will happen “by the end of the year”. I’m guessing it’ll end up on the MSG card in November, if it happens at all. Proper dragging it out. TUF will have finished airing over the summer yet the fight still isn’t gonna happen until Nov/Dec?

As for documentaries, I’ll watch the doc they eventually do when he fully retires or ends up in jail or dead. When they can make one when nobody’s pussyfooting around him anymore and keeping him sweet because there’s still money to be made and business to be done. When he’s no longer of use or value to anyone, maybe there’ll be a worthwhile Netflix documentary made. Although it’ll probably be more along the lines of the OJ Simpson doc series than a straight up sports story. I get the feeling he’s gonna get a lot worse when his career is finally officially over though so it could end up being a John Wayne Gacy type thing. Horrible little wrong’un. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Shit, is that what he looks like now? He looks like the middle-aged, retired gobshite who hangs around in pubs telling tall tales about how he used to be a pro fighter. I wouldn't believe him, even though I know he was, still is (barely), a fighter.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

I can’t even stomach listening to him now at all. You know on Twitter how you scroll through and videos will be playing but there’s no sound unless you click on it? Saw this as I was scrolling the timeline earlier…

image.gif.5b96f8c621725202cfb8c4e091023395.gif

That'a him telling the interviewer he see's holes in Canelo's game he could exploit if they fought.

21 hours ago, neil said:

I will say I'm impressed at the size of his fists.

If that impresses you, wait until you see what his ears and jaw look like in ten years. He'll be giving Stallone a run for his money on the "HGH growth" stakes by the looks of it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Absolutely do not (unless you want to become absolutely furious with the state of men, MMA fans and humanity in general) read the comments under the MMA Junkie Instagram post about this. The fucking cretins this man has apologising for him. The fact that is only a snapshot of how so many in society treat this sort of thing is even more depressing. One person after another after another defending this piece of shit.