The Conor McGregor thread 2.0

David

With the Saudi money and the way they've handled Big Francis, surely Conor is dribbling at the money he will be able to make if he signs for the PFL and does a handful of super fights over there. 

Like Carbomb says, loads of money doesn't affect the eye of the tiger. However Dana is still right though. Going from boxing money back to shitty UFC money probably would get him to lose some focus. When he leaves UFC and gets back to that mega money then he will be 100% focused again I'd think. 

I've also read in a few places that McGregor isn't quite the pull he once was, and that the money the UFC have to pay him doesn't really leave much profit from what he's generating, and the head boys at Endeavor aren't too keen on paying him according to the terms of the latest deal he signed before the Khabib fight. 

Just a rumour, of course. Like it all is.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Sounds like we are probably getting the McGregor/Chandler announcement today. June 29th is the supposed date.

Makes sense as Conor is doing a bunch of interviews with Jake Gyllenhaal atm promoting the Road House remake. He can promote the fight at the same time.

On 2/20/2024 at 7:17 AM, Egg Shen said:

Michael Chander out there cutting promos on Raw.

"I've only got one man on my mind 🥰"

• 3 weeks later...

Looking foward to that! Should be a belter. I can see the build up being awful, but theres no denying its a huge fight.

UFC have posted a great Conor fight comp. That initial run from the prelims to mega star within five or six fights was insane, looking back at it. He really caught lightning in a bottle.