The Conor McGregor thread 2.0

David

56 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Oh shiiiiit pretty much fucking confirms it's UFC 300 no way there not having him on that show of all shows. 

Just please God Conor don't fucking go out raping women or anything like that and fuck it up we have two days lmao but Jesus that's enough time for him to fucking do something to piss it up the wall 

What on earth are you on about?

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Well well well…

IMG_2611.jpeg

A large part of me wishes it could be Mike Perry, in BKFC. Let the pair of those mutants tear each others faces half off before Perry gets the W at the end. The rest of the world would all be winners. 

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Oh shiiiiit pretty much fucking confirms it's UFC 300 no way there not having him on that show of all shows. 

Just please God Conor don't fucking go out raping women or anything like that and fuck it up we have two days lmao but Jesus that's enough time for him to fucking do something to piss it up the wall 

Have you been on the Proper 12 mate?

• Paid Members

This can’t be real.

Obviously the laugh at the end suggests it’s all bollocks. But I don’t think there’s even an event scheduled for June 29th. And 185lbs?

He said the announcement would be New Year’s Day so I’m guessing this is all just to troll Chandler who’s been absolutely grovelling for the fight for about a year now, to the point I actually hope he doesn’t get it. If Conor does another announcement tomorrow, the real announcement, and it’s not Chandler, it’ll be the funniest thing Conor’s done in years. Still a complete cunt, but that would be some quality shithousing. 

Edited by wandshogun09

So it will be Chandler at 185. Plenty of time for something to go wrong, but it will definitely be an interesting fight that we will all be in to come fight time. 

Wonder what the logic is of 185 though? Despite all the talk of him being juiced up, Connor is still nowhere near 205, which is where youd think his cut to 185 would start. Maybe he just doesn't want to go through a severe weight cut, and doesn't want Chandler to do one either and have the weight advantage on fight night. 

4 hours ago, Dai said:

Wonder what the logic is of 185 though?

McGregor is naturally the bigger man, especially now. He'll want to come in at 185lbs, jacked up to the gills, and he'll look to goad Chandler into a slugfest early, and when Chandler starts swinging with abandon as he usually does the bigger and longer McGregor will pick him apart and stop him.

I see it being similar to the Eddie Alvarez fight if McGregor wins. If he doesn't put Chandler away in the first round or two then it gets interesting.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Screenshot_20240214_151530_Instagram.thumb.jpg.21b9ddecaae12ad9dc78fdd6e3cb99a4.jpg

🥱

This is just boring now. I'm by no means a Conor supporter, but the guy has been saying for the best part of a year he wants to fight. He's thrown out 300 and July but Dana seems non-comital on all of it and now we have these comments. McGregor only has 2 fights left on his current deal, so I wouldn't be surprised to find the delay is all with the UFC who are scrambling to re-sign him and won't play ball until he does. Very similar to Nate Diaz. 

Farce. 

• Paid Members

Unsurprisingly, Plastic Caesar is full of shit. What he really means is "McGregor won't behave like an indentured servant and give in to my parasitic demands".

McG made boxing money. Who else makes boxing money? Boxers. The most successful ones make shit-tons on a regular basis, and yet, somehow, they keep their hunger, their discipline, their training regimens, and are regularly ready to fight.

Sure, McG has a different lifestyle now from what he had before, and I can see that being a barrier. But the only reason why White has a problem with him having fuck-off money is that it's White whom McG is telling to fuck off, and his tiny-dicked, petulant, little ego can't handle that. He hates that fighters like McG, Nurmagomedov, and Ngannou don't need him.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Bus Surfer said:

McGregor only has 2 fights left on his current deal, so I wouldn't be surprised to find the delay is all with the UFC who are scrambling to re-sign him and won't play ball until he does. 

Yeah I read that the ESPN deal is up in 2025 so it seems like they’re stalling McGregor out because they want him under lock and key when they shop around and go into negotiations for their next TV deal next year. They must be currently trying to get him to commit to a new deal to lock him up long term and he’s obviously not going for whatever they’re offering. It all makes sense now. If he fights Chandler in June like he’s saying, then realistically he could get another fight in before the end of the year and be out of contract and a free agent going into 2025. 

I’m obviously just guessing but I get the feeling Conor’s decided to go elsewhere when his current contract is up regardless. If you think back over the last year or so he’s been popping up at BKFC, Boxing shows, he was in Saudi for Fury vs Ngannou and that stacked card with AJ vs Wallin and Wilder vs Parker. He’s everywhere but he’s never at UFC shows anymore. I think he’s off after this current deal ends and Dana knows it, which is why they’re doing everything they can to delay his next fight so he’s still technically on board when they’re sorting a new TV deal next year. This also makes Dana’s recent comments that McGregor will “hopefully fight this year” and “hopefully in the fall” make more sense. He’s just gonna keep delaying it until next year. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

I think you nailed it all there, Wand. Conor doesn't need the UFC and he's never shy about biting back if he feels insulted or threatened, so it's gonna be interesting to see how this unfolds over the next couple of months.