The Conor McGregor thread 2.0

David

• Paid Members

If there's one thing this era we're living in should've taught us by now, it's that there are very few people who are wholly bad or good. Everyone has contradictions. I think we've been conditioned by culture over the millennia to see people (and events) in binary, which is ridiculous, as we're clearly capable of nuance.

We rightly see McGregor as the cunt he is, but if he contributes to the survival of a little girl from brain cancer, he's already been of more value to humanity than Priti Patel. He's sort of the Irish MMA version of Chris Jericho.

11 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

We rightly see McGregor as the cunt he is, but if he contributes to the survival of a little girl from brain cancer, he's already been of more value to humanity than Priti Patel.

in saying that, Patel hasn't been accused of rape, which kind of evens up the score a little.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, David said:

in saying that, Patel hasn't been accused of rape, which kind of evens up the score a little.

True, but she skirts perilously close to wilful manslaughter.

2 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

True, but she skirts perilously close to wilful manslaughter.

I see what you're saying, but McGregor will always be the worst when the comparison is an evil Tory politician or a coked up rapist.

Not by much, mind. But he comes out on top.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Screenshots here rather than Twitter links because he’ll probably delete them in a few hours. But looks like Conor’s had a sniff last night and got all emotional at Tyson Fury for daring to say something positive about Khabib. McGregor fans will somehow spin this as a win for him but I think it’s hilarious how much Khabib still lives in this cunt’s head rent free, over 3 years after they fought. 

6A48A5F7-EB19-49E9-BFF9-C784AA240998.jpeg

B5BE2329-BE4F-465A-8515-D23E8A80D3AB.jpeg

72F90C8B-B4B7-463C-9238-FAFA4CC0E68D.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

McGregor may be 2-3 in his last five, and hasn't won a lightweight fight since he beat Eddie Alvarez almost six years ago, and has lost his last four at the weight, but is he out of title contention? Of course not!

Dana was asked if McGregor could slide into a title shot when he's fit and ready to come back:

“Well, it’s going to depend on who the champion is. The champion has some say in that, too. Who is going to be the champ when Conor McGregor comes back and what do they want to do? If you look at Oliveira, if it’s still Oliveira by the time (McGregor) comes back, maybe he wants Conor. Who knows. We’ll see what happens.”

I'm sure the champion will have a lot of say if he wants to fight McG, that's for sure.

And Conor himself is already angling for that fight:

“Maybe if your man (Oliveira) is wise, he might give it another month or two. July seems OK to me. I can’t say, too early. But July, if I’m sparring April, May, June, July, I could slap the head off most of these guys at the end of April, do you know what I’m saying? A spar could be a fight.”

Look for Oliveira vs McGregor in July for the belt.