The NXT Discussion Thread

DJM

let’s not forget whose been funding HHH’s “baby and pet project” since Day 1.

And let’s not pretend that it’s all going to go to shit now Vince & Pritchard are involved. NXT has been on its arse for the better part of two years after they ran the Gargano/Ciampa feud into the ground and tried to throw their weight against the new boys. They got made hum-bell like Shiek did to Hogan in the Garden by a man who allegedly interferes with dogs

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Howling at the idea that Vince has binned Triple H out of jealousy over all those four star matches.

Nothing to do with the fact that he poured millions into a flawed system that completely failed to provide Vince with the type of stars he wants and humiliated the entire company by losing a high-profile ratings war to an Observer subscriber.

Edited by Supremo

Wonder if all of this will also reflect a change in what will happen after Vince goes. It always seemed like the company was going to be run by Stephanie and HHH (regardless of whether its sold or not) but if HHH has fallen so out of favour.. 

• Paid Members

The bachelor party from last night’s episide was brilliant fun. Dexter Lumis murdering people whilst they’re playing laser tag and Johnny Gargano being such a dork that he still attempted to score points shooting their lifeless corpses! Amazing!

My hope is that the colourful re-launch next week sees them lean further into these daft character pieces. There’s a core set of wildly entertaining lads here that could carry a silly, fun show every week. It has the potential to be infinitely better than Hunter’s dark, gritty, midlife-crisis e-fed failure.

• Paid Members

I think I may be in a minority here, but the colourful overhaul is massively needed, provided it isn't LED city like Raw and Smackdown. The Black and Gold has run its course with its dull setting, which didn't seem half as dark at Full Sail. 

The roster at present is pretty strong, other than one or two and the handful of factions they have are settling in nicely. There are still a few things not working, such as the Mandy Rose thing along side the Robert Stone / Franky Monet stuff due to both being pretty similar.

They really do need to start going full hog with the whacky, gimmicky stuff, the only problem is that the 'hardcore' NXT lot will blame Vince regardless of whether its entertaining or not as its not 'their' NXT. I'm not sure if its my age or what, but I'm at a point now where I don't specifically enjoy one outright show over the other, I enjoy segments and certain storylines over Brand vs Brand etc. If it sounds interesting, ill check it out.