2021 Celebrity Death Thread

Magnum Milano

11 hours ago, patiirc said:

Loads of work for charity and his daughter was lead singer of Opus III. 

Blimey, bet it’s not a fine day for her. 

Edit. I didn’t know this and this is wonderful. 

Edited by Keith Houchen

35 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

The King of Music 

I wonder why he and Hazelhurst are never talked about with the same reverence as other songwriters and musicians. I wonder if there is a snobbery towards “TV” music because their body of work matches anyone’s in my opinion. Everyone knows at least one of their compositions. 

36 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Grandstand was Keith Mansfield. 

Damn you are correct. I had Hawkshaw in my head as the guy for that thanks. 

While we're at it what's the cool funky four ident theme from back when called. Gordon somebody!!!

https://news.tfw2005.com/2021/10/19/g1-voice-actor-jack-angel-omega-supreme-ultra-magnus-astrotrain-more-has-passed-away-443133

Wasn't too sure whether to post here or the Transformers thread but ultimately his body of work is more than just Transformers despite voicing some of the big names from the cartoon.

At the age of 90 voice actor Jack Angel has passed away.

• Paid Members
On 10/19/2021 at 5:40 PM, LSM said:

https://news.tfw2005.com/2021/10/19/g1-voice-actor-jack-angel-omega-supreme-ultra-magnus-astrotrain-more-has-passed-away-443133

Wasn't too sure whether to post here or the Transformers thread but ultimately his body of work is more than just Transformers despite voicing some of the big names from the cartoon.

I can’t deal with that now!

(Yes, I know that line was actually Robert Stack, but it’s how Magnus would react to the news.)

I loved Jacks work on Transformers. I was especially fond (Magnus aside) of some of the lines he got to say as Cyclonus after Roger C Carmel died. Not that the latter wasn’t  excellent but I can’t imagine him saying “So long, suckers!” the way Jack did in Rebirth pt3.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members
On 10/17/2021 at 1:42 PM, Chili said:

The unexpected awesome guitar solo in the middle of the Grandstand theme is absolutely astounding first time you hear it. 

Not Hawkshaw as discussed but, I'll honestly never forget sitting at the dining room table with my old housemate/bandmate messing about on this newfangled "YouTube" thing, finding there was an extended version of the Grandstand theme, and then THAT happened.

Lost our fucking minds.

On 10/19/2021 at 5:40 PM, LSM said:

Did loads of voice over work, and was the voice of Teddy in AI too.  

Going to be bereft when Peter Cullen et al go

RIP

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, patiirc said:

Did loads of voice over work, and was the voice of Teddy in AI too.  

Going to be bereft when Peter Cullen et al go

RIP

The whole animation world will be fucked when Frank Welker goes. 

Takashi Mizutani of psychedelic rock band Les Rallizes Dénudés had supposedly passed away far back in 2019 but it's only just today been made known in an update to the band's offical site. And to be fair this is totally on brand for him, I don't think he'd made a single public appearance since the 90's.