Bloody Awful Matches (that you love for some reason)

Mr. Levity 84

• Paid Members

Triple H vs Vladimir Kozlov vs Edge at Summerslam 2008 - the one which started as a singles match then Edge gets added. The HHH/Kozlov portion of this got completely shat on. As far as I remember, it was around 10 minutes of slow and plodding chain-wrestling/matwork-based shit. I think Kozlov had a bearhug on for most of it. But as a massive Hunter mark I loved it. Then Edge got involved and it descended into your bog-standard WWE multi-man mainevent. 

20 hours ago, Mr. Levity 84 said:

For some reason, I love awful matches ... sometimes. For example, the Undertaker vs. Big Bossman Hell in a Cell match at WMXV is something I enjoyed at the time, and still enjoy to this day.

I wrote a review of that match for this very site a couple years back (posted by Onyx2). I never want to see it again haha.

https://ukff.com/topic/139074-hell-in-a-cell-the-ukff-reviews/?tab=comments#comment-3186709

As mentioned above I also enjoy the Doomsday cage match, you can't beat the Booty Man and his frying pans!

• Paid Members

The immediate one that springs to mind is the Chamber of Horrors. It gets ridiculed but a mate of mine owned it on VHS as a kid and we would watch it over and over, we knew it was shit, but we loved it anyway.

halloween-havoc.jpg

Another shout out for Chamber of Horrors. Obviously you have to include the post-match where a bloody Abdulla The Butcher jiggles about in the 'electric chair' as sparklers go off. One of the finest moments in the history of wrestlecrap.

Speaking of Abdulla, him vs Zeus in WWC is probably my favourite car wreck. Two big, daft, barely mobile cartoon monsters no-selling and blowing spots for ten minutes as the Puerto Rican fans pelt them with rubbish. Zeus's 'strikes' have to be seen to be believed. 

9 hours ago, Mr.Showtime said:

I wrote a review of that match for this very site a couple years back (posted by Onyx2). I never want to see it again haha.

https://ukff.com/topic/139074-hell-in-a-cell-the-ukff-reviews/?tab=comments#comment-3186709

As mentioned above I also enjoy the Doomsday cage match, you can't beat the Booty Man and his frying pans!

Loved the review! Thanks for sharing it.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

I'd watch that horrific Steve McMichael v Bryan Adams match from Road Wild every day of the week. It's hilarious.

A match so notoriously bad it inspired the first (and only) column of PS’ “Big Bri’s Blinders.”

• Paid Members

The entire Terry Funk's Wrestlefest retirement show. The whole card is just such a batshit insane mix of '97's best and worst that it feels more like a TEW playthrough come to life than something that should exist in reality. I mean really, who doesn't want to watch Dory Funk Jr. getting grumpy and confused by the bullshit this Rob Van Dam kid calls wrestling, excited young up-and-comer Dennis Stamp in his first ever main event, or a drunk Jake Roberts tagging with spherical Puerto Rican deathmatch twins The Headhunters against Hakushi, chubby Masato Tanaka and HAYAFUCKIN'BUSA?!

The show is awful, but everytime I feel in the mood to pop on an ECW dvd these days I end up picking this up instead. Just look at this card, it's like a weird tape trading compilation, or a 1PW show;

Roadkill vs. WING Kanemura

ECW World Television Title Match: Taz (c) vs. Chris Candido

Shark Tsuchiya vs. Lady Cooga

The Bushwhackers (Butch & Luke) vs. The Youngbloods (Chris Youngblood & Mark Youngblood) (w/Ricky Romero)

Bubba Ray Dudley vs. Balls Mahoney

ECW World Heavyweight Title Match :Shane Douglas (w/Francine) (c) vs. Tommy Dreamer (w/Beulah McGillicutty)

Dory Funk Jr. vs. Rob Van Dam (w/Bill Alfonso)

Mankind vs. Sabu (w/Bill Alfonso)

Jake Roberts & The Headhunters (Headhunter A & Headhunter B) (w/Victor Quinones) vs. Hakushi, Hayabusa & Masato Tanaka

Terry Funk vs. Bret Hart