The One Where Taker Leaves Again.

The Gaffer

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, LWOLeN said:

Taker/Mccool vs The Fiend/Bliss at Mania I’d say 

God fucking forbid. As Supremo said, his Mania match was the perfect finish to an already tainted career. Having another match would just be the worst.

@Keith Houchen i bumped into you the day after Takers debut in HMV, they had 2 shops in town then, it was the one near the bird cage. Do you remember? You asked me who he was and i told you it was Mean Mark from WCW.....

It was a Saturday, i think SS 90’was shown on a friday night on Sky Movies back then. 

I think you had just turned 27 😅

6 minutes ago, Mr Lawrence said:

@Keith Houchen i bumped into you the day after Takers debut in HMV, they had 2 shops in town then, it was the one near the bird cage. Do you remember? You asked me who he was and i told you it was Mean Mark from WCW.....

It was a Saturday, i think SS 90’was shown on a friday night on Sky Movies back then. 

I think you had just turned 27 😅

I worked in one of those HMVs in town for a couple of years but it’s wasn’t near the birdcage, that was Our Price. 27? You cheeky fucker!

Yeh i know you worked in the other one, you were there just browsing. You worked in the one where Piper came to sign autographs in 92/3 sure you were working that day? You remember? I got my Piper spotlight Magazine signed by him. He was trying to flog his dodgy single.

sorry, 26

Edited by Mr Lawrence

Remember for years people theorising how Undertaker's retirement was going to be handle, this great protector of kayfabe and the biggest and most beloved 'character' they've had, maybe he'll quietly go off into the night like the big deadman biker silently forever, so it feels odd to now be getting a vibe of when lads film their own holidays abroad instead.

1 hour ago, Mr Lawrence said:

Yeh i know you worked in the other one, you were there just browsing. You worked in the one where Piper came to sign autographs in 92/3 sure you were working that day? You remember? I got my Piper spotlight Magazine signed by him. He was trying to flog his dodgy single.

sorry, 26

Fuck, I just about remember that. I know we kept the signed picture up "out the way" because my parents thought it'd end up being worth something.

1 hour ago, Mr Lawrence said:

sorry, 26

24 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Fuck, I just about remember that. I know we kept the signed picture up "out the way" because my parents thought it'd end up being worth something.

Ha! Yeah it was his video that he was promoting. Think it was some awful exercise one that involved him and inflatables. He did sign the I’m Your Man single for me, still got it. Far and away the nicest wrestler I’ve met. A total gent all day. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Think it was some awful exercise one that involved him and inflatables.

I bought that video for 50p at a car boot sale a few years after it was released, when I was about 10. It was called Fighting Fit, and it encouraged kids to stay fit by hitting an inflatable Undertaker that was referred to as "The Gravedigger". It was shite. 

EDIT: Here's some of the footage, which now looks like it's amazing for all the wrong reasons. 

"YOU'RE NOT MY DAD!!!!!"

Edited by mim731
More to add