The Springsteen Thread

Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members

I've been rinsing The River lately. So many absolute classics on there. The first half is unbelievably strong. 

The Ties That Bind

Two Hearts

Independence Day

Hungry Heart

Out in the Street

Crush On You

You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)

The River

I've had these going through my head for the last week constantly. Plus the below, which never made it to the finished album.

Stalker anthem!

I’m chuffed he’s finally doing Prague now that I live in the Czech Republic.

Also tempted by Sunderland as it means I can go with family and friends from Newcastle. A very welcome surprise to see on the timeline this morning! Cheers, Bruce.

Update: I got my tickets for Prague! They were only the equivalent of 68 euros for GA, which is pretty dang good in times like these. Also my mate from Newcastle bought a ticket so will come with me, which is just lovely. I'd love to do the Stadium of Light again, but don't think I'll bother this time. My brother put me off a little with his £285 bill for what I believe were two rear standing tickets. Daylight robbery imo.

Edited by SaitoRyo
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE

Ticket booked for Wembley on the 27th of July. £250 for the ticket. Could have paid more to get closer, but felt that was what I was comfortable paying. Hotel booked in Edgware. Closest and cheapest I could get. 

Excited and nervous for the gig, especially after breaking my ankle leaving the Edinburgh gig. 

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, 5pints 2.0 said:

Ticket booked for Wembley on the 27th of July. £250 for the ticket. Could have paid more to get closer, but felt that was what I was comfortable paying. Hotel booked in Edgware. Closest and cheapest I could get. 

Excited and nervous for the gig, especially after breaking my ankle leaving the Edinburgh gig. 

Edgware? Probably been easy to have gotten a coach via Birmingham!

Well done, I’ve seen him twice and I’m content after seeing these prices. I was out with 2 Uber Bruce fans on Friday and he was complaining at the £175 they had paid for pit/golden circle entry.

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Edgware? Probably been easy to have gotten a coach via Birmingham!

Well done, I’ve seen him twice and I’m content after seeing these prices. I was out with 2 Uber Bruce fans on Friday and he was complaining at the £175 they had paid for pit/golden circle entry.

My thinking is to get on the Jubilee line to Canons Park and then it's a 20 minute walk to the hotel. 

I'm in section 123, but if I chose 126 then tickets were over £400!

• Awards Moderator

We got front standing tickets for Sunderland which were about £145, and the same for the second night at Nijmegen which were slightly more. Stupidly expensive and I wouldn’t pay anything close to that for anyone else, but… it’s Springsteen.

Weirdly the seats right at the back of the Stadium of Light which my parents wanted cost more than ours right at the front.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

Yeah I briefly considered going until I looked up ticket prices.  It’s a lot isn’t it!  I guess you charge what people are prepared to pay.

1 hour ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

How can such a "blue collar folksy man of the people" charge £200 for tickets? What if working class teen Jimmy who works in the factory that's about to close down and his pregnant girlfriend want to go?

He basically came out last year and said 'Well, everyone else was doing it, now we are, too' and made a comment that if anyone is unsatisfied with the show, they can have their money back. 

Bad form from The Boss, but if anyone earns it, it's him and his band (and his crew etc.). 

Saying that, I was happy to pay the 68 euro equivalent for Prague, but I don't think I'd pay the prices for the UK and most of the rest of Europe if I lived there.

2 hours ago, Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz said:

I have Wembley tickets for the 25th, will be my 3rd time seeing The Boss at Wembley and 4th overall.

Going with my Dad and hoping to stay near St John’s Wood.

Where did you get your tickets from for the 25th? On the Ticketmaster app it says its on general sale but doesn't then move onto the ticket selection page.

• 2 months later...