The Springsteen Thread

Frankie Crisp

26 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Big gap there for Glastonbury as well.

Glastonbury next year is 23-25 of June. Bruce and the band are in Sweden on the 24th and 26th. Not impossible that he doesn't do the festival, of course, but you'd think they'd get in the night before (especially since they'll be coming from playing Germany on the 21st). 

Not sure I'm going to be able to make any of the dates on the tour, unfortunately. Was thinking about Vienna as I could drive/get a train there, but there's nobody about who'd want to make a trip of it with me as all my Springsteen-loving mates are in the UK, and general admission standing have already (obviously) sold out. 

Was debating coming over for the Edinburgh gig, but I've got a lot on that summer and will have to fly over a few times with the family for different things so probably not. Shame, as 2023 will be a full decade since I last saw The Boss.  

1 hour ago, Divorced Dad said:

How did everyone do in the pre-sale today? I got 4 tickets for Murrayfield for myself, my wife and the in-laws.

I got 2 in the Badlands presale. Block E10. Had a quick look to see if there was anything better but all seemed to be towards the back. Might have another look tomorrow when they go on general sale. Where are you located?

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, Divorced Dad said:

How did everyone do in the pre-sale today? I got 4 tickets for Murrayfield for myself, my wife and the in-laws.

Well done! Got two Murrayfield tickets for the front standing section which is exactly what we were hoping for.

Exciting!

Hoping Mrs Panhead gets us tickets for Edinburgh tomorrow morning. I'm not even bothered if it's up in the top tier. We're in Bradford so it was either Edinburgh or Birmingham. I've never been to Edinburgh so we're planning on having a couple of nights there. Please reassure me that we've a decent enough chance of at least getting a cheap seat? 

I'm weighing up whether to fly from the Czech Republic to Edinburgh for the gig. 

My mate has a spare ticket and my brother said he'd cover my flight as my Christmas present, as I'll be flying the family over a few times within a few months next spring/summer so it's already going to be a costly time. 

Part of me thinks 'fuck it, I've already seen him a few times', but I would really like to see him and the E Street Band one more time, even if it's the last time. 

I'm still haunted by the fact I didn't go to the Tom Petty gig in Hyde Park prior to moving from London to Prague as I believed I'd catch him on a future tour. Turned out to be his last UK gig as he passed away a few months later. 

• Awards Moderator
9 hours ago, Panhead said:

Hoping Mrs Panhead gets us tickets for Edinburgh tomorrow morning. I'm not even bothered if it's up in the top tier. We're in Bradford so it was either Edinburgh or Birmingham. I've never been to Edinburgh so we're planning on having a couple of nights there. Please reassure me that we've a decent enough chance of at least getting a cheap seat? 

You should be alright if you jump on at 9am. Ticketmaster seem to be doing their horrendous “dynamic pricing” thing (as Butch has mentioned) but hopefully it doesn’t get to the level of the US shows where some tickets are currently thousands of dollars.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Butch2000 said:

Ticketmaster asking 340 quid for the cheapest tickets at Villa Park the fucking 

Guessing these are early reseller prices? Tickets go on sale at 9am & are listed at £75 on Ents24

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...